Affiliation: University of Helsinki
- Consequences of fisheries-induced evolution for population productivity and recovery potentialAnna Kuparinen
Department of Biosciences, Ecological Genetics Research Unit, University of Helsinki, Helsinki 00014, Finland
Proc Biol Sci 279:2571-9. 2012..The results suggest that fisheries-induced evolution might not always have as clear-cut an effect on population growth rate as previously anticipated...
- Mechanistic models for wind dispersalAnna Kuparinen
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, PO Box 68, 00014 The University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Trends Plant Sci 11:296-301. 2006..In addition to studying the movement of airborne particles, future modelling work should also focus on the processes of particle release and deposition...
- Air-mediated pollen flow from genetically modified to conventional cropsAnna Kuparinen
University of Helsinki, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Finland
Ecol Appl 17:431-40. 2007..The modeling approach described in this paper offers a way to predict and compare pollen dispersal and gene flow in varying environmental conditions, and to assess the effectiveness of different management measures...
- Detecting and managing fisheries-induced evolutionAnna Kuparinen
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, PO Box 68, FI 00014 University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Trends Ecol Evol 22:652-9. 2007....
- Probabilistic models for continuous ontogenetic transition processesAnna Kuparinen
Ecological Genetics Research Unit, Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
PLoS ONE 3:e3677. 2008..However, logistic regression based PRNs are restricted to discrete time intervals, whereas previously proposed models for continuous transitions are demanding in terms of modelling effort and data needed...
- Increases in air temperature can promote wind-driven dispersal and spread of plantsAnna Kuparinen
Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, Ecological Genetics Research Unit, University of Helsinki, PO Box 65 00014, Finland
Proc Biol Sci 276:3081-7. 2009....
- Lunar periodicity and the timing of river entry in Atlantic salmon Salmo salarA Kuparinen
Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, P O Box 65, 00014, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Fish Biol 74:2401-8. 2009..Hence, the biological role of lunar cycle as a determinant of the timing of S. salar runs in the investigated populations was negligible, suggesting that lunar cycle per se does not play a role in the timing of S. salar river entry...
- Fish age at maturation is influenced by temperature independently of growthAnna Kuparinen
Ecological Genetics Research Unit, Department of Biosciences, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Oecologia 167:435-43. 2011..Therefore, one cannot predict, on the basis of growth only, how changes in temperature might alter age and size at maturation and the subsequent reproduction...
- The role of fisheries-induced evolutionAnna Kuparinen
Science 320:47-50; author reply 47-50. 2008