Ilma R Korponay-Szabo
Affiliation: University of Tampere
- Gluten-dependent intestinal autoimmune responseIlma Rita Korponay-Szabó
Department of Pediatrics, University of Debrecen, Nagyerdei krt 98, H 4012 Debrecen, Hungary
Curr Pharm Des 18:5753-8. 2012..We conducted a brief review on antitransglutaminase antibodies effects, discussing their roles in the pathogenesis of several clinical manifestations of celiac disease...
- IL23R in the Swedish, Finnish, Hungarian and Italian populations: association with IBD and psoriasis, and linkage to celiac diseaseElisabet Einarsdottir
Department of Medical Genetics, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
BMC Med Genet 10:8. 2009..IL23R also associates with psoriasis, suggesting that the gene may be an important candidate for many chronic inflammatory diseases...
- Secretion of celiac disease autoantibodies after in vitro gliadin challenge is dependent on small-bowel mucosal transglutaminase 2-specific IgA depositsSatumarja M Stenman
Medical School, Pediatric Research Center, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
BMC Immunol 9:6. 2008....
- Elevation of IgG antibodies against tissue transglutaminase as a diagnostic tool for coeliac disease in selective IgA deficiencyI R Korponay-Szabo
Department of Gastroenterology Nephrology, Heim Pal Children s Hospital, Budapest, Hungary
Gut 52:1567-71. 2003..However, serological evaluation of IgA deficient subjects is still difficult...
- A single conformational transglutaminase 2 epitope contributed by three domains is critical for celiac antibody binding and effectsZsófia Simon-Vecsei
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical and Health Science Center, University of Debrecen, Nagyerdei krt 98, Debrecen H 4032, Hungary
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:431-6. 2012..Such antibodies or similar specific competitors will be useful in further functional studies and in exploring whether interference with celiac antibody actions leads to therapeutic benefits...
- Deamidated gliadin peptides form epitopes that transglutaminase antibodies recognizeIlma R Korponay-Szabo
Departments of Pediatrics, Medical and Health Science Center, University of Debrecen, Debrecen, Hungary
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 46:253-61. 2008..We investigated whether deamidated gliadin antigens are structurally similar to transglutaminase 2 or could mimic transglutaminase epitopes...
- Endomysial antibody-negative coeliac disease: clinical characteristics and intestinal autoantibody depositsT T Salmi
Medical School, University of Tampere, Finland 33014
Gut 55:1746-53. 2006..Some patients with untreated coeliac disease are negative for serum endomysial autoantibodies (EmA) targeted against transglutaminase 2 (TG2)...
- Missing endomysial and reticulin binding of coeliac antibodies in transglutaminase 2 knockout tissuesI R Korponay-Szabo
Paediatric Research Centre, University of Tampere Medical School, Tampere, Finland
Gut 52:199-204. 2003....
- Haptoglobin polymorphism: a novel genetic risk factor for celiac disease development and its clinical manifestationsMaria Papp
Second Department of Medicine, University of Debrecen, Debrecen, Hungary
Clin Chem 54:697-704. 2008..We investigated the haptoglobin polymorphism in patients with celiac disease and its possible association to the presenting symptoms...
- Gluten intake interferes with the humoral immune response to recombinant hepatitis B vaccine in patients with celiac diseaseEva Nemes
Department of Pediatrics, Medical and Health Science Center, University of Debrecen, Nagyerdei krt 98, H 4032 Debrecen, Hungary
Pediatrics 121:e1570-6. 2008..We evaluated vaccine response in relation to disease activity and whether previous treatment with a gluten-free diet influences the achievement of protective antibody titers...
- Increased mucosal expression of Toll-like receptor (TLR)2 and TLR4 in coeliac diseaseBeata Szebeni
1st Department of Pediatrics, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 45:187-93. 2007..The aim of this study was to characterise the expression of TLR2, TLR3, and TLR4 in duodenal biopsy samples taken from children with CD and from controls...