Affiliation: University of Turku
- APOE-epsilon4 predicts dementia but not other psychiatric disorders after traumatic brain injuryS Koponen
Department of Psychiatry, Turku University Hospital, PL 52, FIN 20521 Turku, Finland
Neurology 63:749-50. 2004..Dementia and subclinical dementia were significantly more common with the presence of APOE-epsilon4. The occurrence of other psychiatric disorders did not differ between patients with and without APOE-epsilon4 allele...
- Alexithymia after traumatic brain injury: its relation to magnetic resonance imaging findings and psychiatric disordersSalla Koponen
Department of Psychiatry, Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
Psychosom Med 67:807-12. 2005..People with traumatic brain injury (TBI) were studied to assess the prevalence of alexithymia and its relationship to magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) findings and psychiatric disorders...
- MRI findings and Axis I and II psychiatric disorders after traumatic brain injury: a 30-year retrospective follow-up studySalla Koponen
Department of Psychiatry, Turku University Hospital, PL 52, FI 20521 Turku, Finland
Psychiatry Res 146:263-70. 2006....
- Axis I and II psychiatric disorders after traumatic brain injury: a 30-year follow-up studySalla Koponen
Department of Psychiatry, Turku University Central Hospital, Finland
Am J Psychiatry 159:1315-21. 2002..Patients who had suffered traumatic brain injury were evaluated to determine the occurrence of psychiatric disorders during a 30-year follow-up...
- Cognitive functioning and expressed emotion among patients with first-episode severe psychiatric disordersJyrki Heikkilä
City of Turku Municipal Health Care Department, Psychiatry, Kunnallissairaalantie 20, rak 4, FIN 20700, Turku, Finland
Compr Psychiatry 47:152-8. 2006..Our results favor the attribution hypothesis of EE instead of the hypothesis that patient psychopathology would explain EE. Good cognitive functioning may lead to higher EE scores because of the higher expectations by the relatives...
- Axis I and II psychiatric disorders in patients with traumatic brain injury: a 12-month follow-up studySalla Koponen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Brain Inj 25:1029-34. 2011..To evaluate the occurrence of axis I and II psychiatric disorders among patients with traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Attention and depressive symptoms in chronic phase after traumatic brain injuryLeena Himanen
Department of Neurology, Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
Brain Inj 23:220-7. 2009..To study whether attention deficits differ between TBI (traumatic brain injury) patients with and without depressive symptoms...
- Expressed emotion is not associated with disorder severity in first-episode mental disorderJyrki Heikkilä
Department of Psychiatry, University of Turku and Turku City Mental Health Center, Kunnallissairaalantie 20, Rakennus 9, FIN 20700 Turku, Finland
Psychiatry Res 111:155-65. 2002..These results do not support the hypothesis that EE is a reaction to the clinical features of the patient. Instead, demographic factors may partly mediate the effect of EE on prognosis...