Affiliation: University of Oulu
- Esophageal stenting for spontaneous esophageal perforationVesa Koivukangas
Department of Surgery and Intensive Care, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 73:1011-3. 2012..Stenting has proven to be a promising treatment of spontaneous esophageal perforation, but currently, the scientific background to treatment of this condition is limited...
- Markers of collagen synthesis and degradation are increased in serum in severe sepsis: a longitudinal study of 44 patientsFiia Gäddnäs
Department of Anesthesiology, Division of Intensive Care, Oulu University Hospital, FI 90029, Oulu, Finland
Crit Care 13:R53. 2009..The aim of this study was to measure markers of collagen synthesis and degradation during sepsis and investigate the association with disease severity and outcome...
- Matrix-metalloproteinase-2, -8 and -9 in serum and skin blister fluid in patients with severe sepsisFiia P Gäddnäs
Department of Anesthesiology, Division of Intensive Care, Oulu University Hospital, Kajaanintie 50, Oulu, Finland
Crit Care 14:R49. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the timely development of serum and skin MMP-2, -8 and -9 levels in human severe sepsis and their association with disease severity and mortality...
- Effect of jaundice and its resolution on wound re-epithelization, skin collagen synthesis, and serum collagen propeptide levels in patients with neoplastic pancreaticobiliary obstructionV Koivukangas
Department of Surgery, Oulu University Hospital, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
J Surg Res 124:237-43. 2005....
- The quality of life of gastroesophageal reflux disease patients waiting for an antireflux operationT Heikkinen
Department of Surgery, Oulu University Hospital, 90021, PL 21, Oulu, OYS, Finland
Surg Endosc 18:1712-5. 2004..The purpose of this trial was to measure the health-related quality of life (HRQL) of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) patients waiting for an antireflux operation...
- Histopathology of acute acalculous cholecystitis in critically ill patientsJ J Laurila
Department of Anaesthesiology, Division of Intensiv Care, Oulu University Hospital, Finland
Histopathology 47:485-92. 2005..To illustrate the histopathological features of acute acalculous cholecystitis (AAC) of critically ill patients and to compare them with those of acute calculous cholecystitis (ACC) and normal gallbladders...
- Organ system dysfunction following open cholecystectomy for acute acalculous cholecystitis in critically ill patientsJ Laurila
Division of Intensive Care, Department of Anesthesiology, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 50:173-9. 2006..We describe the time course of organ system dysfunction associated with cholecystectomy in critically ill patients with AAC...
- Immunohistological distribution of the tight junction components ZO-1 and occludin in regenerating human epidermisM Malminen
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Turku, Kiinamyllynkatu 4 8, 20520 Turku, Finland
Br J Dermatol 149:255-60. 2003..Tight junctions have recently been characterized in the granular cell layer of human epidermis, and the role of these junctions in the epidermal barrier is now being re-evaluated...