Affiliation: University of Helsinki
- Construction and biological activity of a full-length molecular clone of human Torque teno virus (TTV) genotype 6Laura Kakkola
Department of Virology, Haartman Institute and Helsinki University Central Hospital, University of Helsinki, Finland
FEBS J 274:4719-30. 2007..The replicating full-length clone, the cell lines found to support TTV replication, and the methods presented here will facilitate the elucidation of the molecular biology and the life cycle of this recently identified human virus...
- Expression of all six human Torque teno virus (TTV) proteins in bacteria and in insect cells, and analysis of their IgG responsesLaura Kakkola
Department of Virology, Haartman Institute and Helsinki University Central Hospital Laboratory, Haartmaninkatu 3, P O Box 21, University of Helsinki, FIN 00014, Finland
Virology 382:182-9. 2008..The genotype-6 sequences remained unaltered for years, suggesting that some mechanisms other than amino acid substitutions play a role in TTV immune evasion...
- Cloning and sequencing of TT virus genotype 6 and expression of antigenic open reading frame 2 proteinsLaura Kakkola
Department of Virology, Haartman Institute and Helsinki University Central Hospital, POB 21, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
J Gen Virol 83:979-90. 2002....
- Biological and immunological relations among human parvovirus B19 genotypes 1 to 3Anna Ekman
Department of Virology, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Virol 81:6927-35. 2007..Cross-reactivity of 100% was observed, indicating that the two B19 genotypes comprise a single serotype...
- VP1u phospholipase activity is critical for infectivity of full-length parvovirus B19 genomic clonesClaudia Filippone
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Virology 374:444-52. 2008..Investigation of the original serum from which pB19-FL was cloned confirmed that the phospholipase mutation was present in the native B19 virus...