Affiliation: University of Oulu
- Associations between variation in CHRNA5-CHRNA3-CHRNB4, body mass index and blood pressure in the Northern Finland Birth Cohort 1966Marika Kaakinen
Institute of Health Sciences, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
PLoS ONE 7:e46557. 2012..Recent research also points towards its involvement in cardiovascular homeostasis, but studies in large human samples are lacking, especially on the role of the gene cluster in blood pressure regulation...
- Life course structural equation model of the effects of prenatal and postnatal growth on adult blood pressureMarika Kaakinen
Institute of Health Sciences, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland Biocenter Oulu, Oulu, Finland Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, MRC PHE Centre for Environment and Health, Imperial College London, London, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 68:1161-7. 2014..Fetal and postnatal growth have been associated with adult blood pressure (BP), but findings about the relative importance of growth at different stages of life on BP are inconsistent...
- Association between childhood specific learning difficulties and school performance in adolescents with and without ADHD symptoms: a 16-year follow-upAnja Taanila
1Institute of Health Sciences, University of Oulu, Box 5000, 90014 University of Oulu, Finland
J Atten Disord 18:61-72. 2014..The authors investigated whether childhood specific learning difficulties (SLDs) predict later school performance in adolescents with ADHD symptoms (ADHDs) and how SLDs associate with educational aspirations...
- Life-course analysis of a fat mass and obesity-associated (FTO) gene variant and body mass index in the Northern Finland Birth Cohort 1966 using structural equation modelingMarika Kaakinen
Institute of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Am J Epidemiol 172:653-65. 2010..In addition to well-established genetic determinants, many life-course factors such as physical activity, in spite of not showing mediation or interaction, had a strong independent effect on BMI...
- An epidemiological study on Finnish school-aged children with learning difficulties and behavioural problemsAnja Taanila
Institute of Health Sciences, University of Oulu, 90014 University of Oulu, Finland
Int J Circumpolar Health 70:59-71. 2011..To investigate the association between learning difficulties (LDs) and behavioural and emotional problems of 8-year-old children in the Northern Finland Birth Cohort 1986 (n=9432)...
- Associations between psychotic-like symptoms and inattention/hyperactivity symptomsTuula Marketta Hurtig
Department of Child Psychiatry, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 46:17-27. 2011..Our aim was to study the association between psychotic-like symptoms and inattention/hyperactivity symptoms in a general adolescent population...