Affiliation: University of Oulu
- [Papillary fibroelastoma--a rare heart neoplasm]Vesa Jokinen
OYS, , 90014 Oulun yliopisto
Duodecim 119:329-31. 2003
- Temporal changes and prognostic significance of measures of heart rate dynamics after acute myocardial infarction in the beta-blocking eraVesa Jokinen
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Am J Cardiol 92:907-12. 2003..Fractal HR variability and HR turbulence retain their prognostic power in the BB era, when measured either at the convalescent or late phase after AMI...
- Changes in cardiovascular autonomic regulation among elderly subjects: follow-up of sixteen yearsVesa Jokinen
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Oulu, Finland
Ann Med 37:206-12. 2005..However, there are no longitudinal follow-up reports of the changes of HR dynamics in elderly subjects...
- Predictors of long-term risk for heart failure hospitalization after acute myocardial infarctionJuha S Perkiomaki
Department of Medicine, University of Oulu, Finland
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 15:250-8. 2010..Data on the value of baseline brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and autonomic markers in predicting heart failure (HF) hospitalization after an acute myocardial infarction (AMI) are limited...
- Autonomic markers as predictors of nonfatal acute coronary events after myocardial infarctionJuha S Perkiomaki
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 13:120-9. 2008....
- Temporal changes in cardiovascular autonomic regulation in type II diabetic patients: association with coronary risk variables and progression of coronary artery diseaseVesa Jokinen
Division of Cardiology, University of Oulu, Finland [corrected
Ann Med 35:216-23. 2003..Impairment in HR variability is associated with changes in common coronary risk variables and with a progression of CAD...
- Microvolt T-wave alternans during exercise and pacing in patients with acute myocardial infarctionM J Pekka Raatikainen
University of Oulu, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Oulu, Finland
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 28:S193-7. 2005..The low number of indeterminate tests and high concordance between the test results indicate that V + A pacing may provide a valuable means to assess TWA in patients who cannot complete the exercise test...
- Coronary angioplasty in drug eluting stent era for the treatment of unprotected left main stenosis compared to coronary artery bypass graftingTimo H Mäkikallio
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oulu, Lapland Central Hospital, Rovaniemi, Finland
Ann Med 40:437-43. 2008..Improved outcomes of percutaneous coronary interventions (PCI) with drug-eluting stents (DES) have resulted in their expanded use for left main coronary artery (LMCA) stenosis...
- Preoperative warfarin treatment and outcome of coronary artery bypass graft surgeryFausto Biancari
Division of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Ann Thorac Surg 89:1139-45. 2010..The aim of this case-control study was to evaluate the outcome of isolated coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) when using a short (median, 2 days) preoperative pause in home warfarin treatment...