Jouni Jk Jaakkola
Affiliation: University of Oulu
- Ozone and other air pollutants and the risk of oral cleftsBing Fang Hwang
Department of Occupational Safety and Health, College of Public Health, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Environ Health Perspect 116:1411-5. 2008..Air pollution influences the development of oral clefts in animals. There are few epidemiologic data on the relation of prenatal air pollution exposure and the risk of oral clefts...
- Respiratory infections precede adult-onset asthmaAino Rantala
Center for Environmental and Respiratory Health Research, Institute of Health Sciences, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
PLoS ONE 6:e27912. 2011..The objective of this study was to assess the relation of the occurrence of respiratory infections in the past 12 months to adult-onset asthma in a population-based incident case-control study of adults 21-63 years of age...
- Residential dampness and molds and the risk of developing asthma: a systematic review and meta-analysisReginald Quansah
Center for Environmental and Respiratory Health Research, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
PLoS ONE 7:e47526. 2012..Studies from different geographical regions have assessed the relations between indoor dampness and mold problems and the risk of asthma, but the evidence has been inconclusive...
- Cooking fuel choices and garbage burning practices as determinants of birth weight: a cross-sectional study in Accra, GhanaAdeladza K Amegah
Department of Human Biology, School of Biological Sciences, University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast, Ghana
Environ Health 11:78. 2012..We investigated the associations between the determinants of indoor air quality in households and birth weight...
- Ambient temperature and coronary heart disease mortality in Beijing, China: a time series studyZhaoxing Tian
Emergency Department of Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing, China
Environ Health 11:56. 2012..In addition, we compared time series and time-stratified case-crossover models for the non-linear effects of temperature...
- Assessment of public health impact of work-related asthmaMaritta S Jaakkola
Center for Environmental and Respiratory Health Research and Respiratory Medicine Unit, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oulu and Oulu University Hospital, P O Box 5000, 90014 Oulu, Finland
BMC Med Res Methodol 12:22. 2012..Our aims were to evaluate the best methods to assess occurrence, public health impact, and burden to society related to occupational or work-related asthma and to achieve comparable estimates for different populations...
- Home dampness and molds as determinants of allergic rhinitis in childhood: a 6-year, population-based cohort studyJouni J K Jaakkola
Jaakkola, Institute of Health Sciences, Aapistie 1, P O Box 5000, 90014 Oulu, Finland
Am J Epidemiol 172:451-9. 2010..The results of this cohort study, which assessed exposure before the onset of allergic rhinitis, strengthen considerably the evidence of the role of indoor dampness problems as determinants of allergic rhinitis in children...
- Exposure to benzene at work and the risk of leukemia: a systematic review and meta-analysisAbdul Khalade
Institute of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, University of Birmingham, UK
Environ Health 9:31. 2010....
- Water disinfection by-products and the risk of specific birth defects: a population-based cross-sectional study in TaiwanBing Fang Hwang
Department and Graduate Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, College of Public Health, China Medical University, No 91 Hsueh Shih Road, Taichung 40402, Taiwan, ROC
Environ Health 7:23. 2008..Previous studies have focused mainly on birth defects in general or groups of defects. The objective of the present study was to assess the effect of water disinfection by-products on the risk of most common specific birth defects...