K H Huttunen
Affiliation: University of Oulu
- Parents' views on the quality of life of their children 2-3 years after cochlear implantationK Huttunen
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 73:1786-94. 2009..To obtain a clearer picture of these benefits, we explored the quality of life of 36 Finnish children and their families 2-3 years after unilateral cochlear implantation...
- Methodological aspects of assessing speech intelligibility among children with impaired hearingKerttu Huttunen
Department of Finnish, Saami and Logopedics, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Acta Otolaryngol 124:490-4. 2004..The aim of this study was to explore the reliability and concurrent validity of two scaling methods for assessing the speech intelligibility of children with impaired hearing...
- Development of speech intelligibility and narrative abilities and their interrelationship three and five years after paediatric cochlear implantationKerttu Huttunen
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Faculty of Humanities, Logopedics, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulun, Finland
Int J Audiol 47:S38-46. 2008....
- The changing role of gesture in linguistic development: a developmental trajectory and a cross-cultural comparison between British and Finnish childrenK H Huttunen
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oulu, P O Box 5000, 90014 Oulu, Finland
J Psycholinguist Res 42:81-101. 2013..To prevent drawing erroneous conclusions about children's linguistic development, it is important to understand developmental and cultural variations in gesture use...
- How children with normal hearing and children with a cochlear implant use mentalizing vocabulary and other evaluative expressions in their narrativesKerttu Huttunen
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Oulu, Finland
Clin Linguist Phon 26:823-44. 2012..The delayed use of mental state terms in the children with a CI was related to a reduced amount of linguistic production overall. The theoretical and clinical implications were discussed...
- Perceptions of parents and speech and language therapists on the effects of paediatric cochlear implantation and habilitation and education following itKerttu Huttunen
Institute of Clinical Medicine Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Int J Lang Commun Disord 47:184-96. 2012..Their views on habilitation and education are important for building family-centred practices...
- Effect of cognitive load on articulation rate and formant frequencies during simulator flightsKerttu H Huttunen
Institute of Clinical Medicine Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Oulu, P O Box 5000, Oulu, Finland
J Acoust Soc Am 129:1580-93. 2011....
- Symphony orchestra musicians' use of hearing protection and attenuation of custom-made hearing protectors as measured with two different real-ear attenuation at threshold methodsK H Huttunen
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Noise Health 13:176-88. 2011..No significant association was found between earplug attenuation properties and earplug use. It was concluded that support and determination to get accustomed to hearing protector use are important factors in hearing conservation...
- Effect of cognitive load on speech prosody in aviation: Evidence from military simulator flightsKerttu Huttunen
Institute of Clinical Medicine Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Oulu, Finland
Appl Ergon 42:348-57. 2011..5 dB. At the same time, the mean F0 range decreased by 5 Hz, on average. Our results showed that prosodic features of speech can be used to monitor speaker state and support pilot training in a simulator environment...
- Parents' views on changes in their child's communication and linguistic and socioemotional development after cochlear implantationKerttu Huttunen
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, PO Box 5000, FI 90014 Oulun Yliopisto, Finland
J Deaf Stud Deaf Educ 15:383-404. 2010..Five years after implantation, two thirds of children were judged to be as independent as their age peers. We conclude that changes in communication pave the way to benefits in psychosocial development after implantation...
- Hearing aid users benefit from induction loop when using digital cellular phonesMartti Sorri
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Oulu, Finland
Ear Hear 24:119-32. 2003....
- Voice problems experienced by Finnish comprehensive school teachers and realization of occupational health careSini Smolander
Department of Finnish, Information Studies and Logopedics, University of Oulu, Finland
Logoped Phoniatr Vocol 31:166-71. 2006..The respondents suggested improvements in occupational health care: it should also cover prevention, waiting times need to be shortened and care chains established, and resources need to be allocated for voice therapy services...