Tuula Marketta Hurtig
Affiliation: University of Oulu
- Suicidal and self-harm behaviour associated with adolescent attention deficit hyperactivity disorder-a study in the Northern Finland Birth Cohort 1986Tuula Hurtig
Institute of Health Sciences, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Nord J Psychiatry 66:320-8. 2012..Depression and/or female gender seem to be risk factors for suicidal behaviour. However, the role of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in these behaviours is still unclear...
- Multi-informant reports of psychiatric symptoms among high-functioning adolescents with Asperger syndrome or autismTuula Hurtig
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Department of Child Psychiatry, University of Oulu, OYS, Finland
Autism 13:583-98. 2009..However, anxiety and depressive symptoms were more commonly reported by adolescents with AS/HFA and their teachers than their parents, indicating that some emotional distress may be hidden from their parents...
- Associations between psychotic-like symptoms and inattention/hyperactivity symptomsTuula Marketta Hurtig
Department of Child Psychiatry, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 46:17-27. 2011..Our aim was to study the association between psychotic-like symptoms and inattention/hyperactivity symptoms in a general adolescent population...
- Attention and behavioural problems of Finnish adolescents may be related to the family environmentTuula Hurtig
Department of Public Health Science and General Practice, University of Oulu, 5000, 90014, Finland
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 14:471-8. 2005..Adolescents' attention and behavioural problems in relation to the family environment were studied in the Northern Finland 1986 Birth Cohort...
- ADHD and comorbid disorders in relation to family environment and symptom severityTuula Hurtig
Department of Public Health Science and General Practice, University of Oulu, P O Box 5000, Oulu, Finland
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 16:362-9. 2007..To examine the comorbidity of ADHD in association with family environment and the severity of ADHD...
- ADHD symptoms and subtypes: relationship between childhood and adolescent symptomsTuula Hurtig
University of Oulu, Finland
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:1605-13. 2007..To study attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) symptoms and DSM-IV subtypes in childhood and adolescence...
- Emotion recognition in children and adolescents with autism spectrum disordersSanna Kuusikko
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Department of Child Psychiatry, University and University Hospital of Oulu, P O Box 26, Oulu 90029 OYS, Finland
J Autism Dev Disord 39:938-45. 2009..The results support the findings that individuals with ASD have difficulties in emotion recognition. However, older subjects with ASD seem to have better skills than younger subjects with ASD...
- Functional mapping of dynamic happy and fearful facial expression processing in adolescentsJukka Rahko
Department of Child Psychiatry, University and University Hospital of Oulu, P O Box 26, 90029 Oulu, Finland
Brain Imaging Behav 4:164-76. 2010..No clear gender or age effects were detected. In conclusion fear induces stronger responses in attention and mirror neurons probably related to fear contagion...
- Psychometric evaluation of social phobia and anxiety inventory for children (SPAI-C) and social anxiety scale for children-revised (SASC-R)Sanna Kuusikko
Dept of Child Psychiatry, Child Psychiatric Clinic, University and University Hospital of Oulu, Finland
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 18:116-24. 2009..These findings question whether cross-cultural differences in the expression of SP influence the clinical cut-off scores used in translated versions of social anxiety questionnaires...
- Comorbid psychiatric disorders associated with Asperger syndrome/high-functioning autism: a community- and clinic-based studyMarja Leena Mattila
Clinic of Child Psychiatry, University Hospital of Oulu, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
J Autism Dev Disord 40:1080-93. 2010..To target interventions, routine evaluation of psychiatric comorbidity in subjects with AS/HFA is emphasized...
- ADHD candidate gene study in a population-based birth cohort: association with DBH and DRD2Emma S Nyman
National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:1614-21. 2007..This study tests a series of allelic variants within such candidate genes to determine their potential influence on ADHD susceptibility...
- Subtypes versus severity differences in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in the Northern Finnish Birth CohortGitta H Lubke
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:1584-93. 2007....
- Prevalence and psychiatric comorbidity of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in an adolescent Finnish populationSusan L Smalley
Semel Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:1575-83. 2007..The purpose of the study was to estimate the prevalence of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and its clinical characteristics in the Northern Finland Birth Cohort 1986...