Affiliation: University of Helsinki
- Ranking of physiotherapeutic evaluation methods as outcome measures of stifle functionality in dogsHeli K Hyytiäinen
Department of Equine and Small Animal Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Viikintie 49, P, O, Box 57, Helsinki, 00014, Finland
Acta Vet Scand 55:29. 2013..Sensitivities of all of the physiotherapeutic evaluation methods against each standard were calculated...
- An un-commissioned randomized, placebo-controlled double-blind study to test the effect of deep sea fish oil as a pain reliever for dogs suffering from canine OAAnna Hielm-Björkman
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Equine and Small Animal Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, FI 00014, Finland
BMC Vet Res 8:157. 2012..Secondary outcome variables were a locomotion visual analog scale (VAS), a Quality of life VAS, a comparative questionnaire, a veterinary assessment, owners' final assessment of outcome and guessing the product given...
- Effect of a single acupuncture treatment on surgical wound healing in dogs: a randomized, single blinded, controlled pilot studyErja E Saarto
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Equine and Small Animal Medicine, PO Box 57, FI 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Acta Vet Scand 52:57. 2010..The aim of the study was to investigate the effect of acupuncture on wound healing after soft tissue or orthopaedic surgery in dogs...
- Panax Ginseng in combination with brewers' yeast (Gerivet) as a stimulant for geriatric dogs: a controlled-randomized blinded studyA Hielm-Bjorkman
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Equine and Small Animal Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 30:295-304. 2007..No significant changes in blood- or urine analyses and no side effects were seen...
- Evaluating Complementary Therapies for Canine Osteoarthritis Part I: Green-lipped Mussel (Perna canaliculus)Anna Hielm-Björkman
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Equine and Small Animal Medicine, University of Helsinki, PO Box 57, FI 00014, Finland
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 6:365-73. 2009..In conclusion, GLM alleviated chronic orthopedic pain in dogs although it was not as effective as carprofen. As no side-effects were detected, GLM may be beneficial in dogs e.g. when non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs cannot be used...
- Comparison of three thermal cameras with canine hip area thermographic imagesMari Vainionpää
Department of Equine and Small Animal Medicine, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Koetilantie 7, Finland
J Vet Med Sci 74:1539-44. 2012..97 with each camera. Thus, the between-interpreter variation was small. The repeatability between thermographers and interpreters was considered high enough to encourage further studies with thermographic imaging in dogs...
- Environmental effects on compulsive tail chasing in dogsKatriina Tiira
Research Programs Unit, Molecular Medicine, Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
PLoS ONE 7:e41684. 2012....