Karl Heinz Herzig
Affiliation: University of Oulu
- Crosslinking with transglutaminase does not change metabolic effects of sodium caseinate in model beverage in healthy young individualsKristiina R Juvonen
Food and Health Research Centre, Department of Clinical Nutrition, Institute of Public Health and Clinical Nutrition, University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio, Finland
Nutr J 11:35. 2012..Our aim was to study the effect of transglutaminase (TG)-induced crosslinking of sodium caseinate on postprandial metabolic and appetite responses. Whey protein was included as reference protein...
- Inhibition of cytokine secretion from adipocytes by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D₃ via the NF-κB pathwayShivaprakash J Mutt
Institute of Biomedicine, Department of Physiology, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
FASEB J 26:4400-7. 2012..1,25(OH)(2)D(3) inhibits LPS-stimulated IL-6 secretion in two human adipocyte models via interference with NF-κB signaling...
- Elevated levels of serum IL-5 are associated with an increased likelihood of major depressive disorderAntti Pekka Elomaa
Department of Psychiatry, Kuopio University Hospital and University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio, Finland
BMC Psychiatry 12:2. 2012..Nevertheless, relatively little is known about the role of the T-helper (Th)-2 effector cytokines interleukin (IL)-5 and IL-13 in MDD...
- Differential effects of dietary protein sources on postprandial low-grade inflammation after a single high fat meal in obese non-diabetic subjectsJens Holmer-Jensen
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism MEA, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Nutr J 10:115. 2011..In this study we investigated the acute effect of dietary protein sources on postprandial low-grade inflammatory markers after a high-fat meal in obese non-diabetic subjects...
- Unemployment and ill health: a connection through inflammation?Jukka Hintikka
Department of Psychiatry, Kuopio University Hospital and Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Kuopio, FI 70210 KUOPIO, Finland
BMC Public Health 9:410. 2009..Acute and chronic psychosocial stress can induce pronounced changes in human immune responses. In this study we tested our hypothesis that stress-induced low-grade tissue inflammation is more prevalent among the unemployed...
- The expression of the beta-defensins hBD-2 and hBD-3 is differentially regulated by NF-kappaB and MAPK/AP-1 pathways in an in vitro model of Candida esophagitisNadine Steubesand
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
BMC Immunol 10:36. 2009..albicans. We used the esophageal cell line OE21 and analysed the role of paracrine signals from polymorphonuclear leukocytes (PMN) in an in vitro model of esophageal candidiasis...
- Fecal pancreatic elastase-1 levels in older individuals without known gastrointestinal diseases or diabetes mellitusKarl Heinz Herzig
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, AI Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio, Finland
BMC Geriatr 11:4. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate the fecal elastase-1 levels among over 60 years old Finnish and Polish healthy individuals without any special diet, known gastrointestinal disease, surgery or diabetes mellitus...
- Portal vein cytokines in the early phase of acute experimental oedematous and necrotizing porcine pancreatitisSanna Meriläinen
Department of Surgery, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Scand J Gastroenterol 47:1375-85. 2012....