Affiliation: University of Tampere
- Hospital bed occupancy for rotavirus and all cause acute gastroenteritis in two Finnish hospitals before and after the implementation of the national rotavirus vaccination program with RotaTeq®Susanne Hartwig
Epidemiology Department, Sanofi Pasteur MSD, Lyon, France
BMC Health Serv Res 14:632. 2014....
- Genetic diversity of G1P rotavirus VP7 and VP8* antigens in Finland over a 20-year period: No evidence for selection pressure by universal mass vaccination with RotaTeq® vaccineMaria Hemming
Vaccine Research Center, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland Electronic address
Infect Genet Evol 19:51-8. 2013..Nevertheless, long-term surveillance of antigenic changes in VP4 and also VP7 proteins in wild-type rotavirus strains is warranted in countries with large scale use of the currently licensed live oral rotavirus vaccines...
- Major reduction of rotavirus, but not norovirus, gastroenteritis in children seen in hospital after the introduction of RotaTeq vaccine into the National Immunization Programme in FinlandMaria Hemming
Vaccine Research Center, University of Tampere, Biokatu 10, 33520 Tampere, Finland
Eur J Pediatr 172:739-46. 2013..The impact of RV vaccination was reflected as a 57 % decrease in all hospital admissions and 62 % decrease in all outpatient clinic visits for GE of any cause...
- Vaccine-derived human-bovine double reassortant rotavirus in infants with acute gastroenteritisMaria Hemming
Vaccine Research Center, University of Tampere School of Medicine, Tampere, Finland
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:992-4. 2012..Such a double reassortant virus appears stable in vitro and may explain diarrheal symptoms in a small percentage of RotaTeq recipients, and might also be transmitted to contacts in the environment...
- Rotavirus antigenemia in children is associated with more severe clinical manifestations of acute gastroenteritisMaria Hemming
From the Vaccine Research Center, University of Tampere and Department of Pediatrics, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Pediatr Infect Dis J 33:366-71. 2014..Sporadic associations between RV antigenemia and extraintestinal manifestations of RV infection have been observed. We examined the clinical severity of RV gastroenteritis in patients with and without RV antigenemia or RNAemia...
- Detection of rotateq vaccine-derived, double-reassortant rotavirus in a 7-year-old child with acute gastroenteritisMaria Hemming
From the Vaccine Research Center, University of Tampere School of Medicine and Department of Pediatrics, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Pediatr Infect Dis J 33:655-6. 2014..The present case suggests that such viruses can remain stable in environment longer than 1 transmission cycle. ..