Affiliation: University of Turku
- Citalopram in pregnancy and lactationTuija Heikkinen
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, University Central Hospital, University of Turku, Itainen Pitkakatu 4, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 72:184-91. 2002..The aim of this study was to examine the efficacy and safety of citalopram in relation to concentrations of citalopram and its metabolites during pregnancy and lactation...
- Pharmacokinetics of fluoxetine and norfluoxetine in pregnancy and lactationTuija Heikkinen
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Turku and Turku University Central Hospital, Finland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 73:330-7. 2003..The aim of this prospective clinical trial was to investigate the pharmacokinetics of fluoxetine and its active metabolite, norfluoxetine, during pregnancy, delivery, and lactation in mothers and their infants...
- Placental transfer of quetiapine in relation to P-glycoprotein activityMelissa Rahi
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Joint Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory of University of Turku, Turku University Central Hospital, Turku, Finland
J Psychopharmacol 21:751-6. 2007..Administration of P-gp inhibiting drugs with quetiapine is not likely to increase fetal exposure to quetiapine, although the ABCB1 C3435T polymorphism may contribute to inter-individual variation in fetal exposure to quetiapine...
- MAO-A and COMT genotypes as possible regulators of perinatal serotonergic symptoms after in utero exposure to SSRIsJohanna Hilli
Department of Pharmacology, Drug Development and Therapeutics, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 19:363-70. 2009..The COMT 1947G>A polymorphism may affect the occurrence of respiratory distress symptoms in infants with prenatal SSRI-exposure via a mechanism involving prolactin...
- Effects of exposure to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors during pregnancy on serotonergic symptoms in newborns and cord blood monoamine and prolactin concentrationsKari Laine
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Turku and Turku University Central Hospital, Turku, Finland
Arch Gen Psychiatry 60:720-6. 2003..We aimed to investigate the perinatal sequelae of infants exposed to SSRIs during their fetal life and the relationship of these symptoms to the cord blood monoamine and prolactin concentrations...
- Functional role of P-glycoprotein in the human blood-placental barrierMelissa Mölsä
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Turku, Finland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 78:123-31. 2005..In this study we aimed to characterize the role of P-glycoprotein in the blood-placental barrier by use of dually perfused human placenta...
- Transfer of proinflammatory cytokines across term placentaRiikka Aaltonen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
Obstet Gynecol 106:802-7. 2005....