Affiliation: University of Helsinki
- Identification of fusion genes in breast cancer by paired-end RNA-sequencingHenrik Edgren
Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland, Tukholmankatu 8, Helsinki, 00290, Finland
Genome Biol 12:R6. 2011..Next-generation sequencing technologies provide an opportunity for systematic characterization of cancer cell transcriptomes, including the discovery of expressed fusion genes resulting from underlying genomic rearrangements...
- Systematic bioinformatic analysis of expression levels of 17,330 human genes across 9,783 samples from 175 types of healthy and pathological tissuesSami Kilpinen
Medical Biotechnology, VTT Technical Research Centre and University of Turku, Itäinen Pitkäkatu 4C, Turku, Finland
Genome Biol 9:R139. 2008..This database of gene expression patterns in normal human tissues and pathological conditions covers 113 million datapoints and is available from the GeneSapiens website...
- Data integration from two microarray platforms identifies bi-allelic genetic inactivation of RIC8A in a breast cancer cell lineAslaug Aamodt Muggerud
Department of Genetics, Institute for Cancer Research, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo University Hospital, 0310 Oslo, Norway
BMC Med Genomics 2:26. 2009....
- A new look towards BAC-based array CGH through a comprehensive comparison with oligo-based array CGHNicolas Wicker
Laboratoire de Bioinformatique et de Génomique lntégratives, Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Illkirch Cedex, France
BMC Genomics 8:84. 2007..The correlation as well as the discriminative power of these platforms has never been compared statistically on a significant set of human patient samples...
- Reanalysis of RNA-sequencing data reveals several additional fusion genes with multiple isoformsSara Kangaspeska
Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland, Helsinki, Finland
PLoS ONE 7:e48745. 2012..This illustrates the importance of reanalyzing sequencing data as gene definitions change and bioinformatic methods improve, and highlights the previously unforeseen isoform diversity among fusion transcripts...
- Array-based gene expression, CGH and tissue data defines a 12q24 gain in neuroblastic tumors with prognostic implicationMaija Wolf
Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland FIMM, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
BMC Cancer 10:181. 2010..Here, we present a framework, which integrates DNA, RNA and tissue data to identify and prioritize genetic events that represent clinically relevant new therapeutic targets and prognostic biomarkers for neuroblastoma...
- KRAS oncogene rearrangements and gene fusions: unexpected rare encounters in late-stage prostate cancersHenrik Edgren
Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Cancer Discov 1:12-3. 2011..Wang and colleagues identify a fusion between UBE2L3 and KRAS in a subset of metastatic prostate cancers...