Affiliation: University of Helsinki
- Altered differentiation of neural stem cells in fragile X syndromeMaija Castrén
Neuroscience Center, University of Helsinki, P O Box 56, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:17834-9. 2005..These results demonstrate substantial alterations in the early maturation of FMRP-deficient neural stem cells in fragile X syndrome and in the fmr1-KO mice...
- Differentiation of neuronal cells in fragile X syndromeMaija Castrén
Department of Medical Genetics and Neuroscience Center, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Cell Cycle 5:1528-30. 2006..Here, alterations of neuronal cell differentiation in fragile X syndrome, the implications of our recent findings, and some open questions that need to be addressed, are discussed...
- Neural stem cellsMaija Castrén
Institute of Biomedicine Physiology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Results Probl Cell Differ 54:33-40. 2012....
- Rgs4 mRNA expression is decreased in the brain of Fmr1 knockout mouseTopi Tervonen
Neuroscience Center, University of Helsinki, P O Box 56, Viikinkaari 4, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 133:162-5. 2005..The expression of Rgs4 was normal in animals lacking a related protein, FXR2P, indicating that the decrease in Rgs4 expression was specific for the absence of FMRP, and suggests a role for FMRP in G-protein signaling...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and antidepressant drugs have different but coordinated effects on neuronal turnover, proliferation, and survival in the adult dentate gyrusMikko Sairanen
Neuroscience Center, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
J Neurosci 25:1089-94. 2005..These data suggest that antidepressants increase turnover of hippocampal neurons rather than neurogenesis per se and that BDNF signaling is required for the long-term survival of newborn neurons in mouse hippocampus...