Affiliation: University of Turku
- Use of web-based patient education sessions on psychiatric wardsMinna Anttila
Finnish Post Graduate School in Nursing Science and University of Turku, Department of Nursing Science, Finland
Int J Med Inform 81:424-33. 2012..To evaluate the use of web-based patient education sessions in the psychiatric inpatient care...
- Information technology-based standardized patient education in psychiatric inpatient careMinna Anttila
Department of Nursing Science, University of Turku, Tampere University Hospital, Research Unit, Finland
J Adv Nurs 64:147-56. 2008..This paper is a report of a study to describe nurses' experiences of information technology-based standardized patient education in inpatient psychiatric care...
- Adoption of an Internet-based patient education programme in psychiatric hospitalsM Anttila
Finnish Post Graduate School in Nursing Science, University of Turku, Finland
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 18:914-23. 2011..045): more laggards (65% vs. 35%) and adopters (73% vs. 27%) in the same hospital. The findings help to provide insight into the contexts and settings when adopting information technology programmes in the area of mental health care...
- Effects of the implementation of the web-based patient support system on staff's attitudes towards computers and IT use: a randomised controlled trialMarita Koivunen
Department of Nursing Science, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Scand J Caring Sci 24:592-9. 2010..We can conclude that IT has promise as an alternative method in patient education, as the implementation of the web-based patient support system in daily basis did not have a negative effect on nurses' attitudes towards IT...
- Integration of computer and Internet-based programmes into psychiatric out-patient care of adolescents with depressionMarjo Kurki
Department of Nursing Science, University of Turku and Primary Health Care Organization of the city of Vantaa, Finland
Inform Health Soc Care 38:93-103. 2013..These results are encouraging keeping in mind that adolescents are the most active Internet users in society...
- Developing an internet-based support system for adolescents with depressionMaritta Valimaki
University of Turku, Department of Nursing Science, Turku, Finland
JMIR Res Protoc 1:e22. 2012..Despite policy guidance and governmental support to develop usable mental health services, there is still a lack of easily accessible and modern interventions available for adolescents in Finland's majority official language...
- Design and development process of patient-centered computer-based support system for patients with schizophrenia spectrum psychosisMaritta Valimaki
Department of Nursing Science, University of Turku, Finland
Inform Health Soc Care 33:113-23. 2008..Despite the systematic development of computer-based approaches in mental health, less systematic development of such methods can be found for patients with schizophrenia or psychosis...