Affiliation: Tampere University Hospital
- A randomised phase III study comparing high-dose chemotherapy to conventionally dosed chemotherapy for stage III ovarian cancer: the Finnish Ovarian Cancer (FINOVA) studySeija Grenman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Turku University Hospital, PL 52, 20521 Turku, Finland
Eur J Cancer 42:2196-9. 2006..We conclude that the HDCT regimen used was feasible, but did not result in significantly improved survival in this prematurely closed trial. A clinically important survival benefit cannot be excluded due to the small sample size...
- Sentinel node and vulvar cancer: a series of 47 patientsReita H Nyberg
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tampere University Hospital, P O Box 2000, Tampere, 33521, Finland
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 86:615-9. 2007..There is growing interest to apply the sentinel node technique in the treatment of vulvar cancer...
- Clinical outcome and complications of laparoscopic surgery compared with traditional surgery in women with endometrial cancerTapio Kuoppala
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tampere University Hospital and Medical School, University of Tampere, Finland
Arch Gynecol Obstet 270:25-30. 2004....
- Surgically staged high-risk endometrial cancer: randomized study of adjuvant radiotherapy alone vs. sequential chemo-radiotherapyTapio Kuoppala
Tampere University Hospital, Finland
Gynecol Oncol 110:190-5. 2008..Our purpose was to establish whether platinum-based chemotherapy combined with standard surgery and radiotherapy will improve overall and disease-free survival and lower the recurrence rate in patients with high-risk endometrial cancer...
- The effect of hospital operative volume, residual tumor and first-line chemotherapy on survival of ovarian cancer - a prospective nation-wide study in FinlandSalla Kumpulainen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Turku University Hospital, PL 52, 20521 Turku, Finland
Gynecol Oncol 115:199-203. 2009..Here we report how this is reflected in 5-year cancer-specific survival (CSS)...
- Surgical treatment of ovarian cancer in different hospital categories--a prospective nation-wide study in FinlandSalla Kumpulainen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Turku University Hospital, PL 52, Kiinanmyllynkatu 4 8, 20521 Turku, Finland
Eur J Cancer 42:388-95. 2006..0 times higher (95% CI 1.2-7.5) than for those operated by general gynaecologists. These results favour centralisation of surgical treatment of ovarian cancer...
- Surgical staging, treatment, and follow-up of borderline tumors in different hospital categories: a prospective nationwide survey in FinlandSalla Kumpulainen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Turku University Hospital, Turku, PL 52, 20521, Finland
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 86:610-4. 2007..Surgical treatment and staging of ovarian borderline tumors have been reported to be often suboptimal and differ considerably. We evaluated the extent of surgical treatment of these tumors in different hospital categories...