- Use of EDTA samples for prothrombin time measurement in patients receiving oral anticoagulantsJ Horsti
District Hospital of Valkeakoski, Laboratory of the University Hospital of Tampere, Finland
Haematologica 86:851-5. 2001..Blood samples anticoagulated with EDTA are used for hematologic tests and the same sample could also be available for PT...
- Comparison of quick and owren prothrombin time with regard to the harmonisation of the International Normalised Ratio (INR) systemJuha Horsti
Laboratory, District Hospital of Valkeakoski, University Hospital of Tampere, Finland
Clin Chem Lab Med 40:399-403. 2002..Our opinion is that we should develop the INR system using the Owren PT method rather than the Quick to improve patient care...
- Has the Quick or the Owren prothrombin time method the advantage in harmonization for the International Normalized Ratio system?J Horsti
District Hospital of Valkeakoski, University Hospital of Tampere, Finland
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 13:641-6. 2002..5. The INR system is more demanding on analytical quality than earlier units (Ratio,%). The data would indicate that the Owren PT method has advantages over the Quick PT method in harmonization of the INR system...
- Who needs two different citrate concentrations in sample tubes used for coagulation tests?Juha Horsti
Clin Chem Lab Med 40:423-4. 2002
- The Quick and Owren prothrombin time methods for oral anticoagulant therapy do not agree well using the International Normalized Ratio (INR) unitsJuha Horsti
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 63:455-6. 2003
- Poor agreement among prothrombin time international normalized ratio methods: comparison of seven commercial reagentsJuha Horsti
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Laboratory Centre, Tampere University Hospital and University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Clin Chem 51:553-60. 2005..This is necessary for monitoring of single patients and for application of the results of anticoagulation trials and guidelines to clinical practice...