Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: South Karelia Central Hospital
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha --G308A polymorphism in schizophrenia in a Finnish populationKari Hänninen
South Karelia Central Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, Valto Käkelän katu 14C 6, FIN 53130 Lappeenranta, Finland
Neurosci Lett 385:76-81. 2005..However, TNF-alpha --G308A G/G homozygosity was modestly associated with schizophrenia in male patients...
- Epidermal growth factor a61g polymorphism is associated with the age of onset of schizophrenia in male patientsKari Hänninen
Department of Psychiatry, South Karelia Central Hospital, Valto Käkelän katu 14C 6, FIN 53130 Lappeenranta, Finland
J Psychiatr Res 41:8-14. 2007..However, the EGF G/G genotype, which has been suggested to involve abundant production of EGF, was associated with early onset of schizophrenia in male patients...
- Association between the C957T polymorphism of the dopamine D2 receptor gene and schizophreniaKari Hänninen
South Karelia Central Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, Lappeenranta, Finland
Neurosci Lett 407:195-8. 2006..05). Our results are in agreement with an earlier association study suggesting that the C957T C-allele plays a role in the genetic vulnerability for schizophrenia and support the involvement of the DRD2 gene in schizophrenia pathogenesis...
- Interleukin-1 beta gene polymorphism and its interactions with neuregulin-1 gene polymorphism are associated with schizophreniaKari Hänninen
Dept of Psychiatry, South Karelia Central Hospital, Valto Käkelän katu 14 C 6, Lappeenranta 53130, Finland
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 258:10-5. 2008..46; p = 0.032). Our results suggest that there is an interaction between the IL-1B and NRG-1 genes in schizophrenia. In addition, the IL-1B-511 polymorphism seems to be associated with the age at onset of schizophrenia...
- Catechol-O-methyltransferase val108/158met genotype and response to antipsychotic medication in schizophreniaAri Illi
University of Tampere, Medical School, and Tampere University Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, Finland
Hum Psychopharmacol 22:211-5. 2007..We could not demonstrate any clearly significant effect of this particular COMT genotype in relation to the daily maintenance dosages of antipsychotics in patients with schizophrenia...