Sanna E Sihvonen
- Changes in postural balance in frail elderly women during a 4-week visual feedback training: a randomized controlled trialSanna E Sihvonen
Department of Health Sciences, University of Jyvaskyla, Kuopio, Finland
Gerontology 50:87-95. 2004..Balance training programs have not shown consistent results among older adults, and it remains unclear how different training methods can be adapted to frail elderly people...
- Postural balance and health-related factors in middle-aged and older women with injurious falls and non-fallersSanna Sihvonen
Department of Health Sciences, University of Jyvaskyla, Jyvaskyla, Finland
Aging Clin Exp Res 16:139-46. 2004..The aim of this study was to analyze possible differences in balance control and other health-related factors between female fallers and non-fallers aged 50-68 years...
- Fall incidence in frail older women after individualized visual feedback-based balance trainingSanna Sihvonen
Department of Health Sciences, University of Jyvaskyla, PO Box 35 Viveca, FI 40014 Jyvaskyla, Finland
Gerontology 50:411-6. 2004..The knowledge concerning balance training actually lowering fall rates among frail older persons is limited...
- Effects of a home-based physical rehabilitation program on physical disability after hip fracture: a randomized controlled trialJohanna Edgren
Gerontology Research Center and Department of Health Sciences, University of Jyvaskyla, Jyvaskyla, Finland
J Am Med Dir Assoc 16:350.e1-7. 2015..This secondary analysis of a randomized controlled trial investigated the effects of a multicomponent home-based rehabilitation program (ProMo) on physical disability after hip fracture...
- Effects of a multicomponent home-based physical rehabilitation program on mobility recovery after hip fracture: a randomized controlled trialAnu Salpakoski
Gerontology Research Center and Department of Health Sciences, University of Jyvaskyla, Jyvaskyla, Finland Electronic address
J Am Med Dir Assoc 15:361-8. 2014..To investigate whether a home-based rehabilitation program for community-dwelling older people with recent hip fracture is more effective than standard care in improving mobility recovery and reducing disability...
- Promoting mobility after hip fracture (ProMo): study protocol and selected baseline results of a year-long randomized controlled trial among community-dwelling older peopleSarianna Sipila
Gerontology Research Centre, University of Jyvaskyla, Jyvaskyla, Finland
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:277. 2011....