Affiliation: Oulu University Hospital
- Volumes of brain, grey and white matter and cerebrospinal fluid in schizophrenia in the Northern Finland 1966 Birth Cohort: an epidemiological approach to analysisPäivikki Tanskanen
University of Oulu, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, P O Box 50, FIN 90029 Oulu, Finland
Psychiatry Res 174:116-20. 2009..Our study replicates the previous findings of brain volume differences in schizophrenia on a general population level...
- Hippocampus and amygdala volumes in schizophrenia and other psychoses in the Northern Finland 1966 birth cohortPäivikki Tanskanen
University of Oulu, Department of Radiology, P O Box 50, FIN 90029 OYS, Finland
Schizophr Res 75:283-94. 2005..Perinatal events that have been suggested as of etiological importance in structural pathology of psychosis had no effect...
- Morphometric brain abnormalities in schizophrenia in a population-based sample: relationship to duration of illnessPäivikki Tanskanen
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Oulu, FIN 90029 OYS, Oulu, Finland
Schizophr Bull 36:766-77. 2010..Gray and white matter deficits were associated with duration of illness suggesting either that developmental brain deficits relate to an earlier age of onset or that brain abnormalities in schizophrenia are progressive in nature...
- Is prematurity associated with adult cognitive outcome and brain structure?Päivikki Tanskanen
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Pediatr Neurol 44:12-20. 2011....
- Association between duration of untreated psychosis and brain morphology in schizophrenia within the Northern Finland 1966 Birth CohortMatti Penttilä
University of Oulu, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, P O Box 5000, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
Schizophr Res 123:145-52. 2010..Our aim was to analyze the relation between DUP and the brain structure in schizophrenia in the general population, after several years of illness...
- Use of inverse probability weighting to adjust for non-participation in estimating brain volumes in schizophrenia patientsMarianne Haapea
Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oulu, Finland
Psychiatry Res 194:326-32. 2011..The IPW method can be used to improve estimates affected by non-participation by reflecting the true differences in the target population...
- Non-participation may bias the results of a psychiatric survey: an analysis from the survey including magnetic resonance imaging within the Northern Finland 1966 Birth CohortMarianne Haapea
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 42:403-9. 2007..Furthermore, we wanted to explore other associative factors expected to affect non-participation...
- Predictors of schizophrenia--a reviewPirjo Maki
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oulu, PO Box 5000, FIN 90014 University of Oulu, Finland
Br Med Bull 73:1-15. 2005....
- Longitudinal changes in total brain volume in schizophrenia: relation to symptom severity, cognition and antipsychotic medicationJuha Veijola
Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland Department of Psychiatry, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
PLoS ONE 9:e101689. 2014..In this population based sample, brain volume reduction continues in schizophrenia patients after the onset of illness, and antipsychotic medications may contribute to these reductions. ..
- Cardiovascular regulation and hippocampal sclerosisHanna Ansakorpi
Department of Neurology, University of Oulu, Finland
Epilepsia 45:933-9. 2004..It is not known whether these structural changes modify cardioregulatory function in patients with TLE...