Affiliation: Oulu University Hospital
- [Doctor on duty, psychiatric patients and home visits]Sami Räsänen
OYS Psykiatrian klinikka PL 26 Psykiatria 90029 OYS
Duodecim 118:293-6. 2002
- Avoidable mortality in long-stay psychiatric patients of Northern FinlandSami Räsänen
Department of Psychiatry, Oulu University Hospital, Finland
Nord J Psychiatry 59:103-8. 2005..However, the concept needs regular updates from the whole field of medicine. From the psychiatric point of view, it was suggested that suicides be regarded as avoidable deaths...
- [Excess mortality among long-stay psychiatric inpatients in Northern Finland--a challenge for health care]Sami Räsänen
OYS n psykiatrian klinikka, PL 26, 90029 OYS
Duodecim 120:179-80. 2004
- Excess mortality among long-stay psychiatric patients in Northern FinlandSami Räsänen
Department of Psychiatry, Oulu University Hospital, Box 26, 90029 OYS, Finland
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 38:297-304. 2003..In this study, mortality of long-stay psychiatric patients has been monitored for the years 1992-2000 and contrasted with that prevalent in the general population...
- Predictors of schizophrenia: evidence from the Northern Finland 1966 Birth Cohort and other sourcesMatti Isohanni
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oulu, PO Box 5000, Finland
Br J Psychiatry Suppl 48:s4-7. 2005..Subtle motor, emotional, cognitive and behavioural abnormalities are often present in apparently healthy individuals who later develop schizophrenia, suggesting that some aspects of causation are established before overt psychosis...
- Pilot evaluation of the impact of structured child-centered interventions on psychiatric symptom profile of parents with serious somatic illness: struggle for life trialMika Niemela
University of Oulu, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Oulu, Finland
J Psychosoc Oncol 30:316-30. 2012..This study lends support to previous studies that recommend that treatment practice should include structured interventions with parents concerning parenting and the wellbeing of children...
- Hospital-treated physical illnesses and mortality: an 11-year follow-up study of long-stay psychiatric patientsSami Räsänen
Department of Psychiatry, Oulu University Hospital, PO Box 26, 90029 Oulu, Finland
Eur Psychiatry 22:211-8. 2007..The health care systems apparently offer a range of services, but the latter do not always reach the patients. Why this is so requires detailed further investigation...
- Genetic vulnerability and premature death in schizophrenia spectrum disorders: a 28-year follow-up of adoptees in the Finnish Adoptive Family Study of SchizophreniaHelinä Hakko
Oulu University Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, Oulu University Hospital, Finland
Nord J Psychiatry 65:259-65. 2011..Excess mortality is widely reported among schizophrenia patients, but rarely examined in adoption study settings...
- The experiences of mental health professionals using structured family-centered interventions to support children of cancer patientsMika Niemela
Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oulu, Finland
Cancer Nurs 33:E18-27. 2010..Increasing interest has been focused on providing psychosocial support and preventive care for the children of adult cancer patients...
- Developmental precursors of psychosisMatti Isohanni
Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu University Central Hospital, PO Box 5000, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
Curr Psychiatry Rep 6:168-75. 2004..No powerful risk factor, premorbid sign, or risk indicator has been identified that is useful for prediction of psychoses in the general population...
- A systematic narrative review of the studies on structured child-centred interventions for families with a parent with cancerMika Niemela
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oulu, Finland
Psychooncology 19:451-61. 2010..To perform a systematic narrative review of the current state of published articles on the structured interventions targeted at children with a parent suffering from cancer...