Affiliation: Oulu University Hospital
- Ghrelin Arg51Gln mutation is a risk factor for Type 2 diabetes and hypertension in a random sample of middle-aged subjectsS Pöykkö
Department of Internal Medicine and Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, Finland
Diabetologia 46:455-8. 2003....
- Low plasma ghrelin is associated with insulin resistance, hypertension, and the prevalence of type 2 diabetesSeppo M Pöykkö
Department of Internal Medicine and Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Diabetes 52:2546-53. 2003..Therefore, it might have some role in the etiology of type 2 diabetes and the regulation of BP. The ghrelin Arg51Gln mutation is associated with low plasma ghrelin concentrations...
- The negative association between plasma ghrelin and IGF-I is modified by obesity, insulin resistance and type 2 diabetesS M Pöykkö
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oulu, P O Box 5000, 90014 Oulu, Finland
Diabetologia 48:309-16. 2005..The aims of this study were to clarify the association between ghrelin and IGF-I concentrations in a large cohort and to characterize whether obesity, insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes affect this association...
- Plasma ghrelin concentrations are positively associated with carotid artery atherosclerosis in malesS M Pöykkö
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
J Intern Med 260:43-52. 2006..We, therefore, characterized the association between ghrelin concentration and carotid artery intima-media thickness (IMT) in a population-based cohort of 1024 middle-aged (40-60 years) men and women...
- Early atherosclerosis and IgG2 to bacteria are associated with FcgammaRIIa genotype in non-smokersM Sämpi
University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Eur J Clin Invest 39:517-26. 2009..Human FcgammaRIIa receptor (CD32) plays a crucial role in the phagocytosis of IgG(2) ICs and a functional point mutation 131His/Arg diminishes IgG(2) binding to the receptor...