Affiliation: Oulu University Hospital
- Conservative treatment, plate fixation, or prosthesis for proximal humeral fracture. A prospective randomized studyAntti P Launonen
Department of Orthopaedics, Tampere University Hospital, Teiskontie 35, PL2000, Tampere 33521, Finland
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:167. 2012..Several publications, including a Cochrane review outline the need for high-quality, well-designed randomized controlled trials...
- Short- to mid-term results of metallic press-fit radial head arthroplasty in unstable injuries of the elbowT Flinkkilä
Oulu University Hospital, Department of Surgery, Division of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, PL21, FIN 90029 OYS, Oulu, Finland
J Bone Joint Surg Br 94:805-10. 2012..Loosening of press-fit radial head prostheses is common, occurs early, often leads to severe osteolysis of the proximal radius, and commonly requires removal of the prosthesis...
- Hook-plate fixation of unstable lateral clavicle fractures: a report on 63 patientsTapio Flinkkilä
Department of Surgery, Division of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University Hospital Oulu, FI 90029 OYS Finland
Acta Orthop 77:644-9. 2006..Hook-plate fixation of unstable lateral clavicle fractures has given promising results in previous reports, but numbers of patients have been small. We assessed the results of this technique in 63 patients...
- Epidemiology and seasonal variation of distal radius fractures in Oulu, FinlandT Flinkkilä
Division of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, Department of Surgery, Oulu University Hospital, 90029 OYS, Oulu, Finland
Osteoporos Int 22:2307-12. 2011..Slippery pavement surfaces assessed by a new meteorological model partly explained wintertime excess of fractures, but factors beyond weather are contributing to seasonality...
- Arthroscopic Bankart repair: results and risk factors of recurrence of instabilityTapio Flinkkilä
Department of Surgery, Division of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University Hospital, FIN 90029 OYS Oulu, Finland
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 18:1752-8. 2010..Bone defects seen in preoperative plain radiographs are less important and more accurate imaging is needed to reveal their true role for recurrence of instability...
- Intraoperative assessment of the stability of the distal tibiofibular joint in supination-external rotation injuries of the ankle: sensitivity, specificity, and reliability of two clinical testsHarri Pakarinen
Division of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, Department of Surgery, Oulu University Hospital, P O Box 21, FI 90029 OYS, Oulu, Finland
J Bone Joint Surg Am 93:2057-61. 2011....
- Salvage of humeral shaft nonunion with cortical thinning after failed intramedullary nailing using Ilizarov's technique: a report of seven casesTapio Flinkkilä
Department of Surgery, Division of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, Oulu University Hospital, FIN 90029 OYS, Oulu, Finland
Injury 36:1246-51. 2005
- Staged method using antibiotic beads and subsequent autografting for large traumatic tibial bone loss: 22 of 23 fractures healed after 5-20 monthsJukka Ristiniemi
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, OYS, Finland
Acta Orthop 78:520-7. 2007..We evaluated the healing of traumatic bone loss in the proximal, diaphyseal, and distal tibia...
- Two-ring hybrid external fixation of distal tibial fractures: a review of 47 casesJukka Ristiniemi
From the Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University Hospital of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
J Trauma 62:174-83. 2007..The healing of a metaphyseal fracture line is a major problem in cases of distal tibial fracture treated with external fixation...
- Recovery of shoulder joint function after humeral shaft fracture: a comparative study between antegrade intramedullary nailing and plate fixationTapio Flinkkilä
Department of Surgery, Division of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University Hospital, Kajaanintie 52, 90220 Oulu, Finland
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 124:537-41. 2004..This retrospective study compared shoulder joint symptoms, range of motion (ROM), and isometric strength after antegrade IM nailing and dynamic compression (DC) plating of humeral shaft fractures...
- Nonbridging external fixation in the treatment of unstable fractures of the distal forearmTapio Flinkkilä
Department of Surgery, Division of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, Oulu University Hospital, Kajaanintie 52, 90220 Oulu, Finland
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 123:349-52. 2003..We have used a relatively new technique, nonbridging external fixation, in the treatment of these fractures in our hospital during the past few years. Our results are presented here...
- Surgical treatment of unstable fractures of the distal clavicle: a comparative study of Kirschner wire and clavicular hook plate fixationTapio Flinkkilä
Oulu University Hospital, Department of Surgery, Finland
Acta Orthop Scand 73:50-3. 2002..The clavicular hook plate was better in this respect and it is therefore recommended...