- Patients' experiences of being helped in an inpatient settingK Koivisto
Oulu Polytechnic Social and Health Care, Professorintie 5, Oulu, Finland
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 11:268-75. 2004..The care did not reach the inner world of the patients with psychosis. From the patients' point of view, care should protect them from vulnerability and empower/restructure their selves for coping in daily life...
- Patients' experiences of psychosis in an inpatient settingK Koivisto
Oulu Polytechnic Social and Health Care, Oulu, Finland
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 10:221-9. 2003..Furthermore, the informants experienced the onset of illness as situational, the progress of illness as holistic and exhaustive, and the admission into treatment as difficult, but inevitable...
- Applying ethical guidelines in nursing research on people with mental illnessK Koivisto
Oulu Polytechnic Social and Health Care, Professorintie 5, 90220 Oulu, Finland
Nurs Ethics 8:328-39. 2001....
- Linkage disequilibrium between the MBP tetranucleotide repeat and multiple sclerosis is restricted to a geographically defined subpopulation in FinlandH Pihlaja
Department of Neurolofy, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Genes Immun 4:138-46. 2003....
- A two-stage study on multiple sclerosis susceptibility and chromosome 2q33A Bonetti
Department of Neurology, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Haartmaninkatu 4, Helsinki, Finland
Genes Immun 5:142-6. 2004..Our results provide preliminary evidence for two distinct MS susceptibility genes on 2q33 outside of CTLA4...
- The reliability of the MSFC and its componentsE Rosti-Otajärvi
Department of Neurology, Seinajoki Central Hospital, Seinajoki, Finland
Acta Neurol Scand 117:421-7. 2008....
- Interferon regulatory factor 5 (IRF5) gene variants are associated with multiple sclerosis in three distinct populationsG Kristjansdottir
Molecular Medicine, Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Med Genet 45:362-9. 2008..Here we investigated whether polymorphisms in the IRF5 gene would be associated with yet another disease with features of autoimmunity, multiple sclerosis (MS)...