Toni O Kiljander
- Comparison of the effects of esomeprazole and fundoplication on airway responsiveness in patients with gastro-oesophageal reflux diseaseToni Kiljander
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Terveystalo Hospital, Turku, Finland
Clin Respir J 7:281-7. 2013..It has been speculated that operative treatment of GORD might be more efficient as it also diminishes non-acidic reflux...
- The prevalence of gastroesophageal reflux disease in adult asthmaticsToni O Kiljander
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, Tampere University Hospital, PO Box 2000, FIN 33521 Tampere, Finland
Chest 126:1490-4. 2004..Asthma and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) often coexist. However, the results of the studies investigating the prevalence of GERD among patients with asthma vary greatly...
- Effects of esomeprazole 40 mg twice daily on asthma: a randomized placebo-controlled trialToni O Kiljander
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, Tampere University Hospital, FIN 33521, Tampere, Finland
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:1091-7. 2006..Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is common in patients with asthma, suggesting an interaction between the two conditions...
- Effect of esomeprazole 40 mg once or twice daily on asthma: a randomized, placebo-controlled studyToni O Kiljander
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Terveystalo Hospital, Aninkaistenkatu 13, Turku, Finland
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 181:1042-8. 2010..Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is common among patients with asthma; however, studies investigating the effect of proton pump inhibitors on asthma outcomes report conflicting results...
- Gastroesophageal reflux and bronchial responsiveness: correlation and the effect of fundoplicationToni O Kiljander
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Respiration 69:434-9. 2002..Should this be the case, one could expect treatment of GER to diminish bronchial sensitivity. There has been a lack of trials evaluating the efficacy of antireflux surgery on airway reactivity...
- The role of proton pump inhibitors in the management of gastroesophageal reflux disease-related asthma and chronic coughToni O Kiljander
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Am J Med 115:65S-71S. 2003..However, larger, adequately planned studies are needed to confirm the role of PPIs in the management of GERD-related asthma and chronic cough...