Affiliation: Helsinki University Central Hospital
- Hemodynamic variables related to outcome in septic shockMarjut Varpula
Emergency Ward, Department of Medicine, P O Box 340, 00029, Helsinki, Finland
Intensive Care Med 31:1066-71. 2005....
- Community-acquired septic shock: early management and outcome in a nationwide study in FinlandM Varpula
Department of Surgery, Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 51:1320-6. 2007..To determine how the early treatment guidelines were adopted, and what was the impact of early treatment on mortality in septic shock in Finland...
- Predictive value of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in severe sepsis and septic shockMarjut Varpula
Department of Surgery, Helsinki University Hospital, Finland
Crit Care Med 35:1277-83. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the predictive value of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) on mortality in a large, unselected patient population with severe sepsis and septic shock...
- Mixed venous oxygen saturation cannot be estimated by central venous oxygen saturation in septic shockMarjut Varpula
Helsinki University Hospital, POB 340, 00029 HUS, Helsinki, Finland
Intensive Care Med 32:1336-43. 2006..The aim of our study was to assess the correlation and agreement of ScvO2 and SvO2 and compare ScvO2-SvO2 difference to lactate, oxygen-derived and hemodynamic parameters in early septic shock in ICU after initial resuscitation...
- Cell-free plasma DNA as a predictor of outcome in severe sepsis and septic shockKatri Saukkonen
Departments of Medicine and Emergency Care, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Clin Chem 54:1000-7. 2008..We investigated the value of plasma DNA for the prediction of intensive care unit (ICU) and hospital mortality and its association with the degree of organ dysfunction and disease severity in patients with severe sepsis...
- Association of cell-free plasma DNA with hospital mortality and organ dysfunction in intensive care unit patientsKatri Saukkonen
Helsinki University Central Hospital, Emergency Care, Department of Medicine, PO Box 340, 00029 Helsinki, Finland
Intensive Care Med 33:1624-7. 2007..To investigate the concentration of cell-free plasma DNA and its association with organ dysfunction and hospital mortality in intensive care unit patients...
- Early hemodynamic variables and outcome in severe acute pancreatitis: a retrospective single-center cohort studyErika Wilkman
Intensive Care Units, Division of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Department of Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Pancreas 42:272-8. 2013..The aim of this study was to assess the association of hemodynamic factors with 90-day mortality in critically ill patients with severe acute pancreatitis (SAP)...
- Heme oxygenase 1 polymorphisms and plasma concentrations in critically ill patientsKatri Saukkonen
Emergency Care, Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Shock 34:558-64. 2010..The HO-1 plasma concentrations are significantly increased among critically ill patients and associated with the degree of organ dysfunction...
- Serum MMP-8, -9 and TIMP-1 in sepsis: high serum levels of MMP-8 and TIMP-1 are associated with fatal outcome in a multicentre, prospective cohort study. Hypothetical impact of tetracyclinesAnneli Lauhio
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacol Res 64:590-4. 2011....
- Association of carotid intima-media thickness with angiographic severity and extent of coronary artery diseaseMarit Graner
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Cardiol 97:624-9. 2006..Carotid IMT seems to be a weaker predictor of coronary atherosclerosis in the proximal parts of the coronary tree than in the mid and distal parts...
- Thromboelastometry in patients with severe sepsis and disseminated intravascular coagulationMirka Sivula
Intensive Care Units, Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 20:419-26. 2009..We conclude that thromboelastometry may be a valuable tool in assessing whole blood coagulation capacity in patients with severe sepsis with and without overt DIC...
- Apolipoprotein E polymorphism is associated with both carotid and coronary atherosclerosis in patients with coronary artery diseaseMarit Graner
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Haartmaninkatu 4, FIN 00290 HUCH, Helsinki, Finland
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 18:271-7. 2008..Therefore, the aim of the present study was to examine the association between apoE polymorphism and carotid intima-media thickness (IMT), and severity and extent of coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Free cortisol in sepsis and septic shockStepani Bendel
Department of Intensive Care, Kuopio University Hospital, PL 16222 Kuopio, Finland
Anesth Analg 106:1813-9. 2008..We measured total and free cortisol in patients with severe sepsis and related the concentrations to outcome...
- Incidence, treatment, and outcome of severe sepsis in ICU-treated adults in Finland: the Finnsepsis studySari Karlsson
Aurinkokatu 3B38, 13100, Hameenlinna, Finland
Intensive Care Med 33:435-43. 2007..To determine the incidence and outcome of severe sepsis in the adult Finnish population and to evaluate how treatment guidelines in severe sepsis are applied in clinical practice...