Affiliation: Helsinki University of Technology
- Visualizing human brain surface from T1-weighted MR images using texture-mapped triangle meshesMika Seppa
Brain Research Unit, Low Temperature Laboratory, Helsinki University of Technology, Espoo, Finland
Neuroimage 26:1-12. 2005..Furthermore, other OpenGL objects and techniques can be easily combined, for example, to use cut planes, to show other surfaces and objects, and to visualize functional data in addition to the anatomical information...
- High-quality two-stage resampling for 3-D volumes in medical imagingMika Seppa
Brain Research Unit, Low Temperature Laboratory, P O BOX 2200, FIN 02015 HUT, Espoo, Finland
Med Image Anal 11:346-60. 2007..Furthermore, for repeated uses, only the second stage is recalculated allowing an increase in performance for motion correction applications in functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), for example...
- Listening to an audio drama activates two processing networks, one for all sounds, another exclusively for speechRobert Boldt
Brain Research Unit, O V Lounasmaa Laboratory, School of Science, Aalto University, Espoo, Finland
PLoS ONE 8:e64489. 2013....
- Evaluation of voxel-based group-level analysis of diffusion tensor images using simulated brain lesionsJaana Hiltunen
Brain Research Unit, Low Temperature Laboratory, Aalto University School of Science, P O Box 15100, 00076 Aalto, Finland
Neurosci Res 71:377-86. 2011..Our results provide insight into the sizes and intensity changes of lesions that can be detected with VBA applied to diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) data...
- Diffusion tensor imaging and tractography of distal peripheral nerves at 3 TJaana Hiltunen
Brain Research Unit, Low Temperature Laboratory, Helsinki University of Technology, P O BOX 2200, 02015 Espoo, HUT, Finland
Clin Neurophysiol 116:2315-23. 2005..We studied whether distal peripheral nerves could be imaged using quantitative diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) with a 3-T MRI scanner, and visualized using tractography...
- Functional subdivision of group-ICA results of fMRI data collected during cinema viewingSiina Pamilo
Brain Research Unit, OV Lounasmaa Laboratory, School of Science, Aalto University, Espoo, Finland
PLoS ONE 7:e42000. 2012..These results improve our understanding of the hierarchical subdivision of brain networks during viewing of a movie that provides continuous stimulation embedded in an attention-directing narrative...
- Common cortical network for first and second painNina Forss
Brain Research Unit, Low Temperature Laboratory, Helsinki University of Technology, FIN 02015 HUT, Espoo, Finland
Neuroimage 24:132-42. 2005..Reliable temporospatial characterization of cortical responses to first and second pain offers a unique tool for basic and clinical neuroscience to study the two distinctive pain fiber systems at cortical level...