Affiliation: Helsinki University Central Hospital
- Neurodevelopmental burden at age 5 years in patients with univentricular heartAnne Sarajuuri
Divisions of Child Neurology, Helsinki University Central Hospital and University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Pediatrics 130:e1636-46. 2012..Despite increasing survival, patients with hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS) and other forms of functionally univentricular heart defects (UVHs) remain at increased risk of long-term neurodevelopmental deficits...
- Patients with univentricular heart in early childhood: parenting stress and child behaviourA Sarajuuri
Children s Hospital, University of Helsinki, Finland
Acta Paediatr 101:252-7. 2012..To assess perceptions of child behaviour and parenting stress among the parents of young children with hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS) and other forms of functionally univentricular heart defects (UVH)...
- Prospective follow-up study of children with univentricular heart: neurodevelopmental outcome at age 12 monthsAnne Sarajuuri
Division of Neurology, Department of Paediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 137:139-45, 145.e1-2. 2009..Despite recent advances in the treatment of children with univentricular heart, their neurodevelopmental outcome remains a major concern...
- Neurodevelopment in children with hypoplastic left heart syndromeAnne Sarajuuri
Division of Child Neurology, Department of Gynecology and Pediatrics, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Pediatr 157:414-20, 420.e1-4. 2010..To assess neurodevelopment in children with hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS) or other types of functionally single ventricle (univentricular heart, UVH) and to estimate the effect of possible clinical predictors on outcome...
- Neurocognitive development and behavioral outcome of 2-year-old children with univentricular heartRiina Puosi
Division of Child Neurology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 17:1094-103. 2011..Thus, early developmental screening, intervention, and neuropsychological follow-up until school age is recommended particularly for the children with HLHS...
- Neurodevelopmental and neuroradiologic outcomes in patients with univentricular heart aged 5 to 7 years: related risk factor analysisAnne Sarajuuri
Department of Neurology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:1524-32. 2007..Despite improved survival and neurodevelopmental outcome, children with hypoplastic left heart syndrome and other forms of univentricular heart remain at increased risk for cognitive, motor, and other neurologic deficits...