Affiliation: Helsinki University Central Hospital
- Basal cytokeratins in breast tumours among BRCA1, BRCA2 and mutation-negative breast cancer familiesHannaleena Eerola
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Haartmaninkatu, 00029 HUS, Helsinki Finland
Breast Cancer Res 10:R17. 2008..Finding new immunohistochemical markers that are specific to hereditary breast cancer could help us to select candidates for BRCA1/BRCA2 mutation testing and to understand the biological pathways of tumour development...
- Expression of cyclooxygenase-2 in human transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladderA Ristimaki
Department of Pathology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, P O Box 140, FIN 00029 Helsinki, Finland
Am J Pathol 158:849-53. 2001....
- Prognostic significance of elevated cyclooxygenase-2 expression in breast cancerAri Ristimaki
Department of Pathology, Molecular and Cancer Research Program, Helsinki University Central Hospital, P O Box 63 Haartmaninkatu 8, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Cancer Res 62:632-5. 2002..The present findings support efforts to initiate clinical trials on the efficacy of Cox-2 inhibitors in adjuvant treatment of breast cancer...
- Decreased xanthine oxidoreductase is a predictor of poor prognosis in early-stage gastric cancerN Linder
Developmental and Reproductive Biology and Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Pathol 59:965-71. 2006..About half of the patients with breast cancer have a decrease in XOR expression. Patients with breast cancer with unfavourable prognosis are independently identified by the loss of XOR...
- Increased expression of cyclooxygenase-2 in malignant pheochromocytomasK Salmenkivi
Department of Pathology, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki and HUCH Laboratory Diagnostics, Helsinki University Central Hospital, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:5615-9. 2001..These findings suggest that negative or weak Cox-2 expression in pheochromocytomas favors benign diagnosis...
- Prognostic role of CIP2A expression in serous ovarian cancerC BOCKELMAN
Department of Pathology, HUSLAB and Haartman Institute, Helsinki University Central Hospital and University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Br J Cancer 105:989-95. 2011..Our purpose was to study its role in serous ovarian cancer patients, and the association to clinicopathological variables and molecular markers...
- Cell-cell contacts trigger programmed necrosis and induce cyclooxygenase-2 expressionJ Bizik
Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, POB 21, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Cell Death Differ 11:183-95. 2004..Taken together, our results indicate that cell-cell contacts induce an actively programmed necrotic process that functionally involves COX-2, a known hallmark of inflammation and cancer...