Affiliation: Helsinki University Central Hospital
- Nurses' and physicians' educational needs in seclusion and restraint practicesRaija Kontio
University of Turku, Department of Nursing Science, Turku, Finland
Perspect Psychiatr Care 45:198-207. 2009..This study aimed to explore nurses' (N= 22) and physicians' (N= 5) educational needs in the context of their perceived seclusion and restraint-related mode of action and need for support...
- Patient restrictions: are there ethical alternatives to seclusion and restraint?Raija Kontio
University of Turku, Turku, Finland, and Kellokoski Hospital, Tuusula, Finland
Nurs Ethics 17:65-76. 2010....
- Impact of eLearning course on nurses' professional competence in seclusion and restraint practices: 9-month follow-up results of a randomized controlled study (ISRCTN32869544)R Kontio
Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa, Hyvinkää Hospital Region, Kellokoski Hospital, Tuusula, Finland
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 20:411-8. 2013..Net course. The ePsychNurse.Net should be further developed and its future modifications will require additional studies, probably with some new outcome measures...
- Impact of eLearning course on nurses' professional competence in seclusion and restraint practices: a randomized controlled study (ISRCTN32869544)R Kontio
Department of Psychiatry, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 18:813-21. 2011..Although the ePsychNurse.Net demonstrated only slight advantages over conventional learning, it may be worth further development with, e.g. flexible time schedule and individualized content...
- Seclusion and restraint in psychiatry: patients' experiences and practical suggestions on how to improve practices and use alternativesRaija Kontio
Department of Psychiatry, University of Turku, Department of Nursing Science, Turku, Finland
Perspect Psychiatr Care 48:16-24. 2012..This study explored psychiatric inpatients' experiences of, and their suggestions for, improvement of seclusion/restraint, and alternatives to their use in Finland...
- Knowledge transfer from an e-learning course to clinical practiceMari Lahti
University of Turku, Department of Nursing Science, Turku, Finland Electronic address
Nurse Educ Today 34:842-7. 2014..Continuing education is essential in improving practical psychiatric nursing skills. However, little is known about how knowledge gained in continuing education is transferred to nurses' daily work...