Affiliation: Helsinki University Central Hospital
- Evaluation of patient records as part of developing a nursing care classificationOili Karkkainen
Development Manager, Helsinki University Central Hospital, POB 100, Finland
J Clin Nurs 12:198-205. 2003..However, some deficiencies were found, for instance, regarding patient teaching and recording patients' own opinions. The method proved adequate for evaluating the content of patient records...
- Structuring the documentation of nursing care on the basis of a theoretical process modelOili Karkkainen
Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Scand J Caring Sci 18:229-36. 2004..In the next phase of the study the classification is piloted in a clinical context. The purpose is to obtain knowledge of whether the suggested classification describes what, according to the theory, it should describe...
- Documentation of individualized patient care: a qualitative metasynthesisOili Karkkainen
Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Nurs Ethics 12:123-32. 2005..If the content of this documentation does not give an accurate picture of care, patients' right to receive good nursing care may not be realized...
- Recording the content of the caring processOili Karkkainen
Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa, Helsinki, Finland
J Nurs Manag 13:202-8. 2005..According to the results nurses need strong support from their managers in order to successfully be able to implement a theoretical basis of documentation of care...
- A theoretical approach to documentation of careOili Karkkainen
Development Manager, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa, Helsinki, Finland
Nurs Sci Q 17:268-72. 2004..It also allows the patient's views and experiences to be revealed in the documents related to nursing care...