Irma E Järvelä
Affiliation: Helsinki University Central Hospital
- Subjective face recognition difficulties, aberrant sensibility, sleeping disturbances and aberrant eating habits in families with Asperger syndromeTaina Nieminen-von Wendt
Department of Child Neurology, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
BMC Psychiatry 5:20. 2005....
- Genome-wide scan for loci of Asperger syndromeT Ylisaukko-oja
Department of Molecular Medicine, National Public Health Institute, Biomedicum, PO Box 104, 00251 Helsinki, Finland
Mol Psychiatry 9:161-8. 2004..The present study is the first genome-wide screen in AS and therefore replication data sets are needed to evaluate further the significance of the AS-loci identified here...
- Molecular genetics of adult-type hypolactasiaIrma E Järvelä
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Ann Med 37:179-85. 2005..Identification of the genetic change has highlighted the role of non-coding variants in the regulation of common genes and created new tools to study the mechanism of lactase enzyme activation...
- Molecular diagnosis of adult-type hypolactasia (lactase non-persistence)I E Jarvela
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Helsinki University Central Hospital and Department of Medical Genetics, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 65:535-9. 2005
- Molecularly defined adult-type hypolactasia among working age people with reference to milk consumption and gastrointestinal symptomsSari R Anthoni
Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
World J Gastroenterol 13:1230-5. 2007..To study milk consumption and subjective milk-related symptoms in adults genotyped for adult-type hypolactasia...
- Sequence analysis of the genes encoding for H+/K+-ATPase in autoimmune gastritisAino M Oksanen
Herttoniemi Municipal Hospital, and Department of Medical Genetics, University of Helsinki, Finland
Ann Med 38:287-93. 2006..H+/K+-ATPase is the target autoantigen in autoimmune gastritis (AIG), an organ-specific autoimmune disease with a strong hereditary component...
- Multifactor effects and evidence of potential interaction between complement factor H Y402H and LOC387715 A69S in age-related macular degenerationSanna P Seitsonen
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
PLoS ONE 3:e3833. 2008..Variants in the complement cascade genes and the LOC387715/HTRA1, have been widely reported to associate with age-related macular degeneration (AMD), the most common cause of visual impairment in industrialized countries...