Affiliation: Helsinki University Central Hospital
- Does computer-aided detection assist in the early detection of breast cancer?K Hukkinen
Department of Radiography, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Radiol 46:135-9. 2005..To evaluate whether breast cancers detected at screening are visible in previous mammograms, and to assess the performance of a computer-aided detection (CAD) system in detecting lesions in preoperative and previous mammograms...
- Effect of computer-aided detection on mammographic performance: experimental study on readers with different levels of experienceK Hukkinen
Department of Mammography, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Radiol 47:257-63. 2006..To evaluate the effect of computer-aided detection (CAD) on the reader's performance...
- Impact of the number of readers on mammography interpretationK Hukkinen
Department of Radiology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa, Finland
Acta Radiol 47:655-9. 2006..To evaluate the impact of the number of readers on sensitivity and specificity, and compare it with conference consensus reading...
- Unsuccessful preoperative biopsies, fine needle aspiration cytology or core needle biopsy, lead to increased costs in the diagnostic workup in breast cancerKatja Hukkinen
Department of Radiology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Oncol 47:1037-45. 2008..The frequent need for additional biopsies raised the total expenses of FNAC over those of CNB. Multiple biopsies may also delay cancer surgery. It is therefore recommended to use CNB as the initial needle biopsy method...
- Surgical treatment in Paget's disease of the breastElina Siponen
Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Am J Surg 200:241-6. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the outcomes of surgical treatment of Paget's disease of the breast, with special emphasis on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and sentinel node biopsy (SNB)...