Affiliation: Helsinki University Central Hospital
- Oxcarbazepine in the treatment of epilepsy in children and adolescents with intellectual disabilityE Gaily
Department of Child Neurology, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Intellect Disabil Res 42:41-5. 1998..Oxcarbazepine appears to be an effective and well-tolerated drug for children and adolescents with intellectual disability and epilepsy...
- Cognitive deficits after cryptogenic infantile spasms with benign seizure evolutionE Gaily
Helsinki University Central Hospital, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Neurology, Finland
Dev Med Child Neurol 41:660-4. 1999..Three children had mild learning disability. Abnormal developmental status at age 8 to 15 months after complete resolution of spasms and EEG abnormalities was associated with cognitive deficits at age 4 to 6 years...
- Infantile spasms: diagnosis and assessment of treatment response by video-EEGE Gaily
Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Finland
Dev Med Child Neurol 43:658-67. 2001..Video-EEG is the only reliable method for assessing treatment response as spasms and interictal EEG abnormalities are modified by treatment and may become subtle...
- Normal intelligence in children with prenatal exposure to carbamazepineE Gaily
Hospital for Children and Adolescents, 00029 HUS, Finland
Neurology 62:28-32. 2004..To investigate the effect of antiepileptic drugs, especially carbamazepine and valproate, on intelligence in prenatally exposed children of mothers with epilepsy...
- Combined use of non-invasive techniques for improved functional localization for a selected group of epilepsy surgery candidatesA M Vitikainen
HUSLAB BioMag Laboratory, Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa, Helsinki University Central Hospital, P O Box 340, FI 00029 HUS, Finland
Neuroimage 45:342-8. 2009....