- Amount of external CME in groups of specialties: a nation-wide survey among Finnish doctorsArja Helin-Salmivaara
Unit of General Practice, Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa, Helsinki, Finland
BMC Res Notes 2:265. 2009..We aimed to describe and analyse the number of days spent in formal CME outside the workplace by specialty among Finnish doctors of working age...
- Heavy users of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: a nationwide prescription database study in FinlandArja Helin-Salmivaara
Finnish Medical Society Duodecim, Box 713, 00101 Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 59:477-82. 2003..To describe characteristics of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs; Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical code M01A) users in Finland, with emphasis on intensity of use...
- Risk of upper gastrointestinal events with the use of various NSAIDs: a case-control study in a general populationArja Helin-Salmivaara
Centre for Pharmacotherapy Development, Helsinki, Finland
Scand J Gastroenterol 42:923-32. 2007..The aim of this study was to examine the risk of upper GI events associated with various NSAIDs in a general population...
- Risk of serious upper gastrointestinal events with concurrent use of NSAIDs and SSRIs: a case-control study in the general populationArja Helin-Salmivaara
Graduate School of Clinical Drug Research, c o Clinical Pharmacology, P B 340, 00290, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 63:403-8. 2007..To study the risk of serious upper gastrointestinal (GI) events associated with the concurrent use of selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and different types of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)...
- Frequent prescribing of drugs with potential gastrointestinal toxicity among continuous users of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugsArja Helin-Salmivaara
Centre for Pharmacotherapy Development, Box 55, FIN, 00301, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 61:425-31. 2005..We studied the prescribing of NSAIDs with corticosteroids, oral anticoagulants or selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs), as well as the use of gastroprotection among continuous and non-continuous users of NSAIDs in Finland...
- Focusing on changing clinical practice to enhance rational prescribing--collaboration and networking enable comprehensive approachesArja Helin-Salmivaara
ROHTO, Finnish Medical Society Duodecim, PO Box 713, FIN 00101 Helsinki, Finland
Health Policy 66:1-10. 2003..The Government has recently decided to continue and widen the process, which started as a pilot programme, on a tight budget...
- Statins and hip fracture prevention--a population based cohort study in womenArja Helin-Salmivaara
Department of Pharmacology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
PLoS ONE 7:e48095. 2012..To study the association of long-term statin use and the risk of low-energy hip fractures in middle-aged and elderly women...
- Shift of statin use towards the elderly in 1995-2005: a nation-wide register study in FinlandPäivi Ruokoniemi
Graduate School of Clinical Drug Research, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Br J Clin Pharmacol 66:405-10. 2008..To describe nation-wide secular trends in statin use...
- Sequential cohort design applying propensity score matching to analyze the comparative effectiveness of atorvastatin and simvastatin in preventing cardiovascular eventsArja Helin-Salmivaara
Department of Pharmacology, Drug Development and Therapeutics, University of Turku, Turku, Finland Unit of Primary Health Care, Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa, Helsinki, Finland
PLoS ONE 9:e90325. 2014....
- Impact of restricted reimbursement on the use of statins in Finland: a register-based studyJaana E Martikainen
Research Department, The Social Insurance Institution, Helsinki, Finland
Med Care 48:761-6. 2010..This study investigated the short-term consequences of the restricted reimbursement of expensive statins (atorvastatin and rosuvastatin) on the use of statins in Finland...
- Change in antihypertensive drug prescribing after guideline implementation: a controlled before and after studyRaija Sipilä
Current Care, Finnish Medical Society Duodecim, Helsinki
BMC Fam Pract 12:87. 2011..Antihypertensive drug choices and treatment levels are not in accordance with the existing guidelines. We aimed to assess the impact of a guideline implementation intervention on antihypertensive drug prescribing...
- Industry guidelines, laws and regulations ignored: quality of drug advertising in medical journalsKari S Lankinen
ROHTO Programme, Finnish Medical Society Duodecim, P O Box 713, FI 00101 Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 13:789-95. 2004..To document the quality of evidence base for marketing claims in prescription drug advertisements, to facilitate identification of potential targets for quality improvement...
- NSAID use and the risk of hospitalization for first myocardial infarction in the general population: a nationwide case-control study from FinlandArja Helin-Salmivaara
Centre for Pharmacotherapy Development and Postgraduate School of Clinical Drug Research, University of Turku, PB 55, FIN 00301 Helsinki, Finland
Eur Heart J 27:1657-63. 2006..To evaluate the risk of first myocardial infarction (MI) associated with the use of various non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in the general population...
- At-risk patients still predisposed for myocardial infarction by coxibsArja Helin-Salmivaara
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 63:97-8. 2007
- [Safety of antiinflammatory drugs]Arja Helin-Salmivaara
Duodecim 121:2407-10. 2005
- Electronic primary care guidelines with links to Cochrane reviews--EBM GuidelinesHelena Varonen
The Finnish Medical Society Duodecim, 00100 Helskinki, Finland
Fam Pract 22:465-9. 2005..We also discuss the barriers and facilitators to our process and present ideas for future development...
- [Survival skills in the flood of pharmaceutical information]Arja Helin-Salmivaara
Suomalainen Lääkäriseura Duodecim, ROHTO PL 713, 00101 Helsinki
Duodecim 118:41-6. 2002