- Assessing the ethics of medical research in emergency settings: how do international regulations work in practice?Ritva Halila
National Advisory Board on Health Care Ethics, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, P O Box 33, 00023 Government, Helsinki, Finland
Sci Eng Ethics 13:305-13. 2007..A prior wish about participation in clinical trials should be respected, if known. The conditions under which medical research in emergencies can be considered acceptable can be determined and agreed upon nationally and internationally...
- [Law and ethics concerning artificial fertilization]Ritva Halila
Valtakunnallinen terveydenhuollon eettinen neuvottelukunta, Sosiali- ja terveysministeri, Valtioneuvosto
Duodecim 121:1928-9. 2005
- Ethically problematic treatment decisions: a physician surveySamuli I Saarni
National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Bioethics 22:121-9. 2008..Whether all physicians actually experience ethical problems, what these problems are and how they vary according to physician age, gender and work sector are largely unknown...
- Expanding screening for rare metabolic disease in the newborn: an analysis of costs, effect and ethical consequences for decision-making in FinlandIlona Autti-Ramo
Finnish Office for Health Care Technology Assessment, National Research and Development Centre for Welfare and Health STAKES, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Paediatr 94:1126-36. 2005..A proposal to start a pilot study on screening for other rare metabolic diseases using tandem mass spectrometry prompted a health technology assessment project on the effect and costs of expanded newborn screening programme options...
- Children and medical researchRitva Halila
National Advisory Board on Health Care Ethics, Helsinki, Finland
Med Law 24:505-13. 2005....
- The role of national ethics commissions in FinlandRitva Halila
National Advisory Board on Health Care Ethics, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, P O Box 33, FIN 00023 Government, Finland
Bioethics 17:357-68. 2003..In our country, the interest that national commissions share is research ethics, where the advisory boards and their members have discharged collaborative activities for years...