- A sense of coherence and health. Salutogenesis in a societal context: Aland, a special case?Monica Eriksson
Folkhälsan Research Centre, Health Promotion Research Programme, Paasikivigatan 4, FIN 00250 Helsinki, Finland
J Epidemiol Community Health 61:684-8. 2007..Antonovsky's salutogenic concept of a sense of coherence (SOC) has proved most influential in the way that health is now perceived...
- Antonovsky's sense of coherence scale and its relation with quality of life: a systematic reviewMonica Eriksson
Health Promotion Research Program, Folkhälsan Research Centre, Paasikivigatan 4, FIN 00250 Helsinki, Finland
J Epidemiol Community Health 61:938-44. 2007..Therefore, a certain possibility to modify and extend the health construct is becoming discernible, implicating a construct including salutogenesis and QoL. The SOC concept is a health resource, influencing QoL...
- From health education to healthy learning: implementing salutogenesis in educational scienceBengt Lindstrom
Nordic School of Public Health, Gothenburg, Sweden, Folkhälsan Research Centre, Helsinki, Finland
Scand J Public Health 39:85-92. 2011..The salutogenic theory, based on resources and comprehensibility, manageability, and meaningfulness, can be integrated into a learning model. People are seen as active and participating subjects shaping their lives through their AC...
- A salutogenic interpretation of the Ottawa CharterMonica Eriksson
Folkhälsan Research Centre, Health Promotion Research Programme, Paasikivenkatu 4 FIN 00250, Helsinki, Finland
Health Promot Int 23:190-9. 2008..The salutogenic theory is an important contribution to the theory base of health promotion research and practice...
- Antonovsky's sense of coherence scale and the relation with health: a systematic reviewMonica Eriksson
Folkhälsan Research Centre, Health Promotion Programme, PO Box 63, FIN 00250 Helsinki, Finland
J Epidemiol Community Health 60:376-81. 2006..The aim of this paper is to synthesise empirical findings on the salutogenic concept sense of coherence (SOC) and examine its capacity to explain health and its dimensions...
- The salutogenic approach to the making of HiAP/healthy public policy: illustrated by a case studyBengt Lindstrom
Folkhälsan Research Centre, Health Promotion Research Programme, Helsinki, Finland
Glob Health Promot 16:17-28. 2009..The overall aim of this paper is to stimulate health promotion activities along the lines presented and invite the readers to comment and continue the discussion...
- Contextualizing salutogenesis and Antonovsky in public health developmentBengt Lindstrom
Folkhalsan Research Center, Health Promotion Programme, Paasikivenkatu 4, FIN 00250 Helsinki, Finland
Health Promot Int 21:238-44. 2006..The historical paradox is to honour the victims of the Holocaust and see the birth of post-modern public health and the salutogenic framework through the experience of its survivors in the ashes of Modernity...
- 'The intruder': spouses' narratives about life with a chronically ill partnerMonica Eriksson
Department of Health Sciences, Mid Sweden University, Ostersund, Sweden
J Clin Nurs 15:324-33. 2006..The aim of this study was to illuminate the meaning of middle-aged spouse's experiences of living with a chronically ill partner. A purposive sample of four female spouses was selected for interviews using a narrative approach...
- Validity of Antonovsky's sense of coherence scale: a systematic reviewMonica Eriksson
Nordic School of Public Health, Box 12133, S 40242 Gothenburg, Sweden
J Epidemiol Community Health 59:460-6. 2005..The aim of this paper is to systematically review and analyse the validity and reliability of Antonovsky's life orientation questionnaire/sense of coherence scale (SOC)...
- SalutogenesisBengt Lindstrom
Nordic School of Public Health, PO Box 12133, S 40242 Gothenburg, Sweden
J Epidemiol Community Health 59:440-2. 2005..Furthermore, it could contribute to the solution of some of the most urgent public health problems of our time such as the question of mental health promotion. Finally, it could create a solid theoretical framework for health promotion...