- [Short QT syndrome as a cause of sudden heart stop]Olli Anttonen
, , Lahti
Duodecim 120:2915-8. 2004
- Prevalence and prognostic significance of short QT interval in a middle-aged Finnish populationO Anttonen
Department of Medicine, Paijat Hame Central Hospital, Keskussairalankatu 7, 15850, Lahti, Finland
Circulation 116:714-20. 2007..The clinical significance of a short QT interval observed in a randomly recorded ECG is not known. Therefore, we assessed the prevalence and prognostic significance of a short QT interval in a general population...
- Electrocardiographic transmural dispersion of repolarization in patients with inherited short QT syndromeOlli Anttonen
Department of Medicine, Paijat Hame Central Hospital, Lahti, Finland
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 13:295-300. 2008..In a clinical study with acquired long QT syndrome patients, TPE/QT ratio > 0.28 indicated arrhythmia risk. We hypothesized that the TPE/QT ratio would be greater in SQTS patients than in control subjects...
- Prevalence and prognostic significance of T-wave inversions in right precordial leads of a 12-lead electrocardiogram in the middle-aged subjectsAapo L Aro
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Circulation 125:2572-7. 2012..However, this ECG pattern can also be the first presentation of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy. The prevalence and prognostic significance of T-wave inversions in the middle-aged general population are not well known...
- T-Wave morphology in short QT syndromeOlli Anttonen
Paijat Hame Central Hospital, Lahti, Finland
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 14:262-7. 2009..The diagnostic criteria for this syndrome are not well defined, since there is uncertainty about the lowest normal limits for the corrected QT (QTc) interval...
- Association of early repolarization and sudden cardiac death during an acute coronary eventJani T Tikkanen
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 5:714-8. 2012..We hypothesized that there is an association between ER and sudden cardiac death (SCD) during an acute coronary event...
- Intraventricular conduction delay in a standard 12-lead electrocardiogram as a predictor of mortality in the general populationAapo L Aro
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 4:704-10. 2011..In particular, there is a paucity of data on the prognostic significance of nonspecific intraventricular conduction delay in apparently healthy subjects...
- Effect of 3 months of antimicrobial treatment with clarithromycin in acute non-q-wave coronary syndromeJuha Sinisalo
Helsinki University Central Hospital, Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Finland
Circulation 105:1555-60. 2002..Coronary artery disease, an inflammatory disease, may be caused by infection. We investigated whether the antibiotic clarithromycin would reduce morbidity and mortality in patients with acute non-Q-wave coronary syndrome...
- Short QT syndrome: clinical findings and diagnostic-therapeutic implicationsCarla Giustetto
Department of Cardiology, Cardinal Massaia Hospital, Asti, Italy
Eur Heart J 27:2440-7. 2006..Clinical presentation, occurrence of sudden infant death, and results of the available therapies in the largest group of patients with short QT syndrome (SQTS), studied so far, are reported...
- [Central cyanosis and persisting eustachian valve]Liisa Kokkonen
, , Lahti
Duodecim 121:311-3. 2005
- Ventricular tachyarrhythmia as a primary presentation of sarcoidosisPaavo Uusimaa
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Oulu, PO Box 5000, 90014 Oulu, Finland
Europace 10:760-6. 2008..Sarcoidosis is a multisystem, granulomatous disease with occasional cardiac manifestations. The clinical course of patients with ventricular tachyarrhythmias as a primary presentation of sarcoidosis is mostly unknown...