Affiliation: Abo Akademi University
- The resonance tube method in voice therapy: description and practical implementationsSusanna Simberg
Abo Akademi University, Department of Logopedics, Turku, Finland
Logoped Phoniatr Vocol 32:165-70. 2007..In this paper, some of the most common ways of using the tube are presented...
- Changes in the prevalence of vocal symptoms among teachers during a twelve-year periodSusanna Simberg
University of Helsinki, Finland
J Voice 19:95-102. 2005..A growing number of misbehaving pupils probably cause increased background noise and stress and, thus, increase the vocal symptoms in teachers...
- The effectiveness of group therapy for students with mild voice disorders: a controlled clinical trialSusanna Simberg
Department of Phonetics, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Voice 20:97-109. 2006..No differences between groups were noted in the laryngeal status. The results suggest that group voice therapy seems to be an effective method to treat students with mild voice disorders...
- Vocal symptoms and allergy--a pilot studySusanna Simberg
Abo Akademi University, Logopedics, Abo, Finland
J Voice 23:136-9. 2009..Allergy should be considered as an underlying factor for vocal symptoms, especially for persons who work in or study for vocally demanding occupations...
- Exploring genetic and environmental effects in dysphonia: a twin studySusanna Simberg
Center of Excellence in Behavior Genetics, Abo Akademi University, 20500 Turku, Finland
J Speech Lang Hear Res 52:153-63. 2009..To explore the existence of genetic effects as well as the interaction between potential genetic effects and a voice-demanding occupation on dysphonia...
- Genetic and environmental effects on vocal symptoms and their intercorrelationsIda Nybacka
Abo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
J Speech Lang Hear Res 55:541-53. 2012..The purpose of the present study was to determine genetic and environmental effects on the individual vocal symptoms in a population-based sample of Finnish twins...
- A comparison of the prevalence of vocal symptoms among teacher students and other university studentsSusanna Simberg
University of Helsinki, Finland
J Voice 18:363-8. 2004....
- Genetic and environmental effects on stuttering: a twin study from FinlandPirkko Rautakoski
Center of Behavior Genetics, Abo Akademi University, Finland
J Fluency Disord 37:202-10. 2012..Potential small differences in the prevalence of stuttering in different populations are suggested by our data...
- Prevalence of hoarseness in school-aged childrenEmma Kallvik
Department of Psychology and Logopedics, Abo Akademi University, Abo, Finland Electronic address
J Voice 29:260.e1-19. 2015..The purpose of this cross-sectional study was to determine the prevalence of hoarseness in children attending the first or second grade of primary school and to explore possible background factors for hoarseness in children...
- The association between possible stress markers and vocal symptomsSofia Holmqvist
Department of Psychology and Logopedics, Abo Akademi University, Turku, Finland Electronic address
J Voice 27:787.e1-787.e10. 2013..The purpose of this questionnaire study was to determine the effect of stress symptoms on the occurrence of vocal symptoms. The study also aimed at investigating whether a possible effect was different for men and women...
- Laryngopharyngeal reflux disease treated with laparoscopic fundoplicationEeva Sala
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
Dig Dis Sci 53:2397-404. 2008..001) from the time point before surgery compared to 3 months and to 1 year post operation. Based on this study, the laparoscopic fundoplication is an effective and safe treatment of LPRD...
- Vocal loading among day care center teachersEeva Sala
Logoped Phoniatr Vocol 27:21-8. 2002..Control of excess background noise is of utmost importance both for speakers' speech production as well as children's speech recognition...