Sitaleki A Finau
Affiliation: Fiji School of Medicine
- Retaining Pacific cultural values in modern health systemsMadhukar Pande
Pac Health Dialog 11:107-15. 2004..We contend that the Pacific nations ought to develop management systems that will accommodate bureaucratic needs or organisation and the cultural needs and strengths of the people who work within them and use them...
- Health transition among Pacificans: unpacking imperialismSitaleki A Finau
School of Public Health and Primary Care, Fiji School of Medicine, Private Mail Bag, Suva, Fiji
Pac Health Dialog 9:254-62. 2002..The paper ends by suggesting alternate ways of looking at the multidimensional processes of health changes in the Pacific...
- Commentary on diabetes and Tongans in AoteroaSitaleki A Finau
School of Public Health and Primary Care, Fiji School of Medicine, Suva
Pac Health Dialog 10:87-9. 2003..There should be more research by Tongans on Tongans so that ethnic specific nuances of language and behaviours of Tongan diabetes patients may be better understood and disentangled...
- Fijian participation in health research: analysis of Medline publications 1965-2002Hien D Cuboni
School of Public Heath and Primary Care, Fiji School of Medicine, Suva, Fiji
Pac Health Dialog 11:59-78. 2004..Among other discussions on the findings, attentions were drawn to considering for more rational research areas that are relevant to country health priorities...
- In-country and community-based postgraduate family practice training for Micronesian physicians--the Palau AHEC: a collaborative effortGreg Dever
Bureau of Hospital and Clinical Services, Ministry of Health, Republic of Palau
Pac Health Dialog 9:141-5. 2002....
- Health challenges of some urban Cook Island women in New ZealandEdith H Moore
Pacific Health Research Centre, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
Pac Health Dialog 10:16-26. 2003..Furthermore, the women were more likely to engage in emotion-focused coping, and appraise their problem-focused coping strategies negatively...
- SIDS among Pacificans in New Zealand: an ecological perspectiveFiva Fa'alau
Pac Health Dialog 10:155-62. 2003..Addressing these wider inequalities would contribute to the govaernment's aims of closing the social and economic gaps affecting Pacificans' health status and reduce the risk of SIDS among Pacific infants...
- Human resource development in environmental health for Palau--a model program for Micronesia and the PacificJ Maireng Sengebau-Kingzio
Division of Environmental Health, Bureau of Public Health, Ministry of Health, Republic of Palau
Pac Health Dialog 12:96-8. 2005..This have come about due to the ongoing Ministry of Health support of environmental health program in Palau...