- Bipolar disorder among an isolated island community in Ethiopia
Department of Psychological Medicine, University of Wales College Medicine, Cardiff, UK
J Affect Disord 80:1-10. 2004
..The Zeway islanders have lived in geographic and cultural isolation for over three centuries...
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome: diagnostic and therapeutic dilemmas
St Ann s Hospital, Poole, UK
Behav Neurol 16:9-13. 2005
..The report underscores the seriousness of delayed diagnosis and puts forward a comprehensive management recommendation based on our experience and the existing literature...
- Long-term symptomatic and functional outcome following an intensive inpatient multidisciplinary intervention for treatment-resistant affective disorders
Sarah C Wooderson
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Psychological Medicine, Affective Disorders Research Group, 103 Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AZ, UK The National Affective Disorders Unit, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, Bethlem Royal Hospital, Monks Orchard Road, Beckenham, Kent BR3 3BX, UK
J Affect Disord 166:334-42. 2014
..The natural history of treatment-resistant depression (TRD) is poor, with high rates of chronicity and recurrence. We describe longer-term symptomatic and functional outcome following multimodal intensive inpatient treatment for TRD...
- Longitudinal course of symptom severity and fluctuation in patients with treatment-resistant unipolar and bipolar depression
Francis K Vergunst
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Psychological Medicine, Affective Disorders Research Group, Box P074, 103 Denmark Hill, SE5 8AF, London, UK
Psychiatry Res 207:143-9. 2013
..We suggest that the longitudinal illness course is an important outcome to be considered in future TRD research...
- The distribution of mental disorders among an isolated island community in southern Ethiopia
Department of Community Health, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
Ethiop Med J 43:71-7. 2005
..The Zeway islanders are completely different from the surrounding cultural groups, in the midst of whom they have been living in isolation for over three centuries...
- Prospective evaluation of specialist inpatient treatment for refractory affective disorders
Sarah C Wooderson
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Psychological Medicine, Section of Neurobiology of Mood Disorders, London SE5 8AZ, UK
J Affect Disord 131:92-103. 2011
..Little data exist to inform the treatment of severe and resistant affective disorders. We report here the effectiveness of specialist multimodal inpatient treatment for refractory affective disorders...
- Community diagnosis of common skin diseases in the Zay community of the Zeway Islands, Ethiopia
ALERT Hospital, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Ethiop Med J 43:189-95. 2005
..Skin diseases are common public health problems throughout the world. Studies on skin problems are rare in Ethiopia. Easy and cheap methods of identifying skin conditions in the community are poorly developed in the country...
- Symptomatic and functional outcome of bipolar disorder in Butajira, Ethiopia
J Affect Disord 90:239-49. 2006
..Limited information is available on the outcome of bipolar disorder in developing countries...
- Validity of the concept of minor depression in a developing country setting
Section of Epidemiology, Health Services Research Department, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
J Nerv Ment Dis 196:22-8. 2008
..Minor depressive disorder seems to be a useful and valid diagnostic construct with particular clinical significance in this and, possibly, similar developing country settings...
- Utility of the concept of minor depressive disorder: evidence from a large rural community sample in a developing country setting
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
J Affect Disord 104:111-8. 2007
..Evidence on the utility of the minor depressive disorder diagnostic construct in rural communities and developing countries is scarce...