- Clostridium septicum gas gangrene in the orbit: a case report
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Szeged, Korányi fsr 10 11, Szeged, 6720, Hungary
Infection 41:267-70. 2013
..At the site of the gas gangrene, an indolent B cell lymphoma was present. After surgery and antibiotic treatment, the patient healed from the C. septicum infection; but subsequently died as a consequence of the tumour...
- Hypothesis: safety of using mobile phones on male fertility
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Arch Androl 53:105-6. 2007
- A boy or a girl? A Hungarian survey regarding gender selection
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged, Hungary
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:993-6. 2006
..Infertile Hungarian couples were surveyed with regard to their opinion of preconception gender selection by the separation of X- and Y-bearing sperm populations...
- Is semen quality affected by male body fat distribution?
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged, Semmelweis u 1, H 6725 Szeged, Hungary
Andrologia 37:155-9. 2005
..It can be concluded that the waist/hip ratio is correlated with the reproductive hormone levels. Although both the waist circumference and hip circumference correlated with the semen characteristics, the waist/hip ratio did not...
- Is there a relationship between cell phone use and semen quality?
Andrology Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Szeged, Hungry
Arch Androl 51:385-93. 2005
..28, respectively). The low and high transmitter groups also differed in the proportion of rapid progressive motile sperm (48.7% vs. 40.6%). The prolonged use of cell phones may have negative effects on the sperm motility characteristics...
- Effect of body weight on sperm concentration in normozoospermic males
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Arch Androl 51:299-304. 2005
..05) than in the group of BMI 17-20, 20-25 and 25-30. In advance, in the obese group, sperm count continuously decreased with aging. We conclude that obesity is associated with a lower sperm count in case of normozoospermia...
- Effect of body weight on testosterone/estradiol ratio in oligozoospermic patients
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Arch Androl 52:97-102. 2006
..A nonsignificant difference was found in the LH/FSH ratio (1.41 +/- 0.64 vs. 1.63 +/- 0.72). We concluded that obesity and the consequent estrogen excess decrease the sperm concentration by influencing the hypothalamo-pituitary system...
- Interocular amplitude differences of multifocal electroretinograms obtained under monocular and binocular stimulation conditions
University of Szeged, Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, Szeged, Hungary
Acta Physiol Hung 97:326-31. 2010
..To compare the interocular amplitude differences of the multifocal electroretinograms (mfERGs) evoked by either monocular or binocular stimulation in healthy subjects with good vision...
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis disruptions in older men are differentially linked to age and modifiable risk factors: the European Male Aging Study
Frederick C W Wu
Department of Endocrinology, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:2737-45. 2008
..The cause of declining testosterone (T) in aging men and their relationships with risk factors are unclear...
- Magnesium-orotate supplementation for idiopathic infertile male patients: a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical pilot study
Division of Andrology, University of Szeged, Albert Szent Gyorgyi Medical and Pharmaceutical Center, Semmelweis u 1 H 6720 Szeged, Hungary
Magnes Res 16:131-6. 2003
..Thus, magnesium-orotate treatment was not shown to be effective therapy for idiopathic male infertility...