- Advances in Huntington's disease: implications for experimental therapeutics
Movement Disorders Center, Manhassel, NY 11030, USA
Curr Opin Neurol 11:357-62. 1998
..These observations have suggested new therapeutic strategies, and have lent further support for experimental therapeutics aimed at improving mitochondrial function and reducing excitotoxic injury...
- Evidence from biomarkers and surrogate endpoints
Center for Neurosciences, North Shore Long Island Jewish Research Institute, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
NeuroRx 1:323-30. 2004
..Furthermore, the evidence required for the development of an SE and the nature of the evidence that can be derived from the use of BMs and SEs will be discussed...
- Effects of levodopa on motor sequence learning in Parkinson's disease
Center for Neurosciences, North Shore Long Island Jewish Research Institute, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Neurology 60:1744-9. 2003
..Dopaminergic therapy with levodopa improves motor function in PD patients, but the effects of levodopa on cognition in PD remain uncertain...
- Tc-99m ethylene cysteinate dimer SPECT in the differential diagnosis of parkinsonism
Center for Neuroscience, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, New York and New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Mov Disord 17:1265-70. 2002
..Because of significant individual subject overlap between groups, however, the clinical utility of this method in the differential diagnosis of Parkinsonism remains uncertain...
- Recent advances in Huntington's disease: implications for experimental therapeutics
Movement Disorders Center and Center for Neurosciences, North Shore Long Island Jewish Research Institute, 444 Community Drive, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Curr Opin Neurol 15:483-9. 2002
- Effects of levodopa infusion on motor activation responses in Parkinson's disease
Center for Neurosciences, North Shore LIJ Research Institute, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Neurology 59:220-6. 2002
..In this study, the authors used PET to assess the effects of levodopa on motor activation responses and determined how these changes related to on-line recordings of movement speed and accuracy...
- Metabolic correlates of levodopa response in Parkinson's disease
Center for Neuroscience Research, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Neurology 57:2083-8. 2001
..To assess the effects of levodopa on resting-state brain metabolism in PD...
- FDG PET in the differential diagnosis of parkinsonian disorders
Center for Neurosciences, Institute for Medical Research, North Shore Long-Island Jewish Health System, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Neuroimage 26:912-21. 2005
..Computer-assisted methodologies may be particularly helpful in situations where experienced readers of FDG PET images are not readily available...
- L-Dopa infusion does not improve explicit sequence learning in Parkinson's disease
M Felice Ghilardi
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, CUNY Medical School at City College, City University of New York, 138th Street and Convent Avenue, New York, NY 10031, USA
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 13:146-51. 2007
..Motor performance was assessed with simple motor tasks. L-Dopa improved motor scores and movement speed, but had no beneficial effect on either type of sequence learning...
- Relationship between self-reported apathy and executive dysfunction in nondemented patients with Parkinson disease
Dennis J Zgaljardic
Transitional Learning Center at Galveston, Galveston, TX 77550, USA
Cogn Behav Neurol 20:184-92. 2007
..The prevalence of apathy was assessed across select cognitive and psychiatric variables in 32 nondemented patients with Parkinson disease (PD) and 29 demographically matched healthy control participants...