- Do all non-calcified echogenic renal lesions found on ultrasound need further evaluation with CT?
Radiology Department, St James s Hospital, James s Street, Dublin 8, Dublin, Ireland
Abdom Imaging 33:44-7. 2008
..This is a study using Evidence Based Practice (EBP) technique to evaluate if non-calcified renal lesions detected with ultrasound, suspected to represent an angiomyolipoma (AML), need a CT to rule out a renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Imaging of soft tissues adjacent to orthopedic hardware: comparison of 3-T and 1.5-T MRI
Department of Radiology, Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital, Finglas, Dublin 11, Republic of Ireland
AJR Am J Roentgenol 194:W60-4. 2010
..The purpose of this study was to compare metal artifact reduction techniques at 1.5-T and 3-T MRI...
- Low dose dual-source CT angiography of the thoracic aorta
Department of Radiology, Cardiovascular Imaging Section, Northwestern University, 737 N Michigan Ave Ste 1600, Chicago, IL, 60611, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 27:1025-34. 2011
..79). High quality low dose CTTA is clinically achievable, in patients with a BMI less than 30 and a heart rate less than 100 bpm, using a prospective ECG-gated, low kilovoltage, low mAs technique...
- Improved detection of subendocardial hyperenhancement in myocardial infarction using dark blood-pool delayed enhancement MRI
Department of Radiology, Cardiovascular Imaging Section, Northwestern University, 737 N Michigan Ave, Ste 1600, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 196:339-48. 2011
- Transcatheter arterial embolization of spontaneous life-threatening extraperitoneal hemorrhage
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 22:1396-402. 2011
..To determine the outcomes of patients with spontaneous extraperitoneal hemorrhage (SEH) referred for endovascular therapy...
- ECG-gated multiecho Dixon fat-water separation in cardiac MRI: advantages over conventional fat-saturated imaging
Department of Radiology, Cardiovascular Imaging Section, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 737 N Michigan Ave, Ste 1600, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 199:W74-83. 2012
..Advantages over conventional fat-saturation techniques include fewer artifacts from background inhomogeneity, improved contrast of microscopic fat, and capability for use in combination with cine and contrast-enhanced imaging...
- Cisplatin and gemcitabine in the management of metastatic penile cancer
Derek G Power
Department of Medical Oncology, St James s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Urol Oncol 27:187-90. 2009
..Our experience demonstrates that this is a well tolerated regimen active in this setting...
- Technical considerations for lower limb multidetector computed tomographic angiography
Aoife N Keeling
Department of Radiology, Division of Cardiovascular Imaging, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Vasc Med 16:131-43. 2011