- Impact of hospital institutional volume on postoperative mortality after major emergency colorectal surgery in English National Health Service Trusts, 2001 to 2005
Department of Biosurgery and Surgical Technology, St Mary s Hospital, London
Dis Colon Rectum 53:393-401. 2010
..The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of institutional volume on postoperative mortality in patients undergoing emergency major colorectal surgical procedures in England between 2001 and 2005...
- National outcomes and uptake of laparoscopic gastrectomy for cancer in England
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College, St Mary s Hospital, South Wharf Road, London W21NY, UK
Surg Endosc 27:3348-58. 2013
..This study examines the uptake of laparoscopic gastrectomy in England and quantifies postoperative mortality and morbidity following gastrectomy for cancer...
- Laparoscopic versus open colorectal resection in the elderly population
Academic Surgical Unit, St Mary s Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK
Surg Endosc 27:19-30. 2013
..The aim of this systematic review and pooled analysis was to review the current data published regarding the differences in operative outcomes of laparoscopic and open surgery in the elderly population...
- Prophylactic mesh placement in high-risk patients undergoing elective laparotomy: a systematic review
Department of Biosurgery and Surgical Technology, Imperial College London and Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK
World J Surg 37:1861-71. 2013
..The purpose of this pooled analysis was to evaluate the use of prophylactic mesh placement following laparotomy in high-risk patients...
- Poor 1-year survival in elderly patients undergoing nonelective colorectal resection
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College, St Mary s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Dis Colon Rectum 55:788-96. 2012
..Colorectal resection in elderly patients is associated with significant morbidity and mortality, especially in an emergency setting...
- What is the utility of preoperative frailty assessment for risk stratification in cardiac surgery?
Nigel Mark Bagnall
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, St Mary s Hospital, London, UK
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 17:398-402. 2013
- Laparoscopic versus open appendectomy for complicated and uncomplicated appendicitis in children
Sheraz R Markar
Department of Academic Surgery, St Mary s Hospital, Imperial College London, Praed Street, London, UK
J Gastrointest Surg 16:1993-2004. 2012
..The aim of this pooled analysis is to compare the outcome from complicated appendicitis (CA) and uncomplicated appendicitis (UA) following laparoscopic appendectomy (LA) and open appendectomy (OA) in children...