- Prevalence, chronicity, burden and borders of bipolar disorder
University of Siena, Department of Molecular Medicine and Clinical DAI Department of Mental Health, Viale Bracci 1, Siena 53100, Italy
J Affect Disord 148:161-9. 2013
- The effects of undertreated chronic medical illnesses in patients with severe mental disorders
Department of Neuroscience, University of Siena School of Medicine, Viale Bracci 1, Siena 53100, Italy
J Clin Psychiatry 70:22-9. 2009
..Implementing behavioral interventions into clinical practice may help patients improve their overall health and prevent chronic medical conditions...
- Risperidone long-acting injection as monotherapy and adjunctive therapy in the maintenance treatment of bipolar I disorder
University of Siena School of Medicine, Division of Psychiatry, Department of Neuroscience, Siena 53100, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 11:1727-40. 2010
..Risperidone long-acting injection (LAI) has proven efficacious for the maintenance phase of bipolar disorder and may mitigate the problem of nonadherence in the substantial group of patients for whom this is a significant concern...
- Strategies for successful clinical management of schizophrenia with ziprasidone
University of Siena School of Medicine, Department of Neuroscience, Viale Bracci 1, 53100 Siena, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 11:2199-220. 2010
- Rediscovering trazodone for the treatment of major depressive disorder
Division of Psychiatry, Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Siena School of Medicine, Viale Bracci 1, Siena, Italy
CNS Drugs 26:1033-49. 2012
..The recently approved prolonged-release formulation should provide further optimization of this antidepressant and may be useful for enabling an appropriate therapeutic dose to be administered with improved patient compliance...
- Asenapine for the treatment of manic and mixed episodes associated with bipolar I disorder: from clinical research to clinical practice
University of Siena, Departments of Mental Health and Molecular Medicine, Viale Bracci 1, Siena 53100, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 14:489-504. 2013
..Its relatively favorable weight and metabolic profile, as well as the lack of appreciable activity at muscarinic cholinergic receptors and the sublingual administration are of clinical interest...
- Quality of life, anxiety and depression in sarcoidosis
Psychiatry Division, Department of Neuroscience, University of Siena School of Medicine, Viale Bracci 1, 53100 Siena, Italy
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 30:441-5. 2008
..This study sought to evaluate the quality of life and the presence of psychiatric disorders in patients with sarcoidosis...
- Photosensitivity and panic-agoraphobic spectrum: a pilot study
Department of Neuroscience, University of Siena, Italy
Riv Psichiatr 48:108-12. 2013
- Aripiprazole for the treatment of bipolar disorder: a review of current evidence
University of Siena School of Medicine, Department of Mental Health and Neuroscience, Siena 53100, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 12:473-88. 2011
..several medications are available for the treatment of different phases of bipolar disorder, yet many of the drugs that are currently approved carry a substantial burden of side effects or do not lead all treated patients to remission...
- Off-label uses of trazodone: a review
University of Siena, Psychiatry Division, Department of Neuroscience, Viale Bracci 1, 53100 Siena, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 13:1707-17. 2012
..More studies are necessary to investigate possible new therapeutic indications, and to scientifically demonstrate the risk/benefit ratio for the many conditions for which trazodone is used, but not approved by the FDA...
- Photosensitivity in panic disorder
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatry Division, University of Siena School of Medicine, Viale Bracci 1, Siena, Italy
Depress Anxiety 26:E34-6. 2009
..The objective of this study is to evaluate abnormal light-related behavior in patients with panic disorder (PD)...
- Catatonia and neuroleptic malignant syndrome: two disorders on a same spectrum? Four case reports
Department of Psychiatry, Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Bio technologies, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Nerv Ment Dis 201:36-42. 2013
..Our experience confirms the efficacy and safety of ECT in combination with BDZ as treatment of NMS and residual catatonia...
- The use of antidepressants in bipolar disorder
Department of Neuroscience, University of Turin, Italy
J Clin Psychiatry 69:1307-18. 2008
..Nevertheless, many clinicians continue to employ antidepressants, especially in the management of severe depression that is unresponsive to mood stabilizers alone...
- Quality of life and subthreshold affective symptoms
Department of Neuroscience, Division of Psychiatry, University of Siena, Viale Bracci 1, Siena 53100, Italy
Qual Life Res 14:905-9. 2005
..Our data suggests that subjects who report subthreshold affective symptomatology also report a low degree of enjoyment and satisfaction from life. The depressive aspects of the mood spectrum seem to have the greatest negative influence...