Affiliation: Faculty of Science
- Antioxidant capacity of the neurohormone melatoninE Sofic
Neuroscience Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University, Boston, MA, USA
J Neural Transm 112:349-58. 2005..AA with NR, under aerobic conditions during irradiation with VIS and UV acted as a pro-oxidant. M may be the premier molecule to protect the cells from oxidative stress...
- Antioxidant and pro-oxidant capacity of catecholamines and related compounds. Effects of hydrogen peroxide on glutathione and sphingomyelinase activity in pheochromocytoma PC12 cells: potential relevance to age-related diseasesE Sofic
Phytochemical Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University, Boston, MA, USA
J Neural Transm 108:541-57. 2001....
- Serum antioxidant capacity in neurological, psychiatric, renal diseases and cardiomyopathyE Sofic
Neuroscience and Phytochemical Laboratories, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tuft's University, Boston, MA, USA
J Neural Transm 109:711-9. 2002..In renal disease, the accumulation of urea in serum seems to be responsible for high antioxidant capacity. In contrast, there were no changes in PD, AD, depression syndrome and schizophrenia...
- The effects of exogenous melatonin on the morphology of thyrocytes in pinealectomized and irradiated ratsZ Kundurovic
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Histology and Embryology, University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
J Neural Transm 113:49-58. 2006..Our findings demonstrate that administration of exogenous melatonin prior to irradiation reduces radiation-induced thyrocytes damage...
- Antioxidant capacity in rat brain after intracerebroventricular treatment with streptozotocin and alloxan--a preliminary studyA Sapcanin
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Sarajevo, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Neurotox Res 13:97-104. 2008....