Affiliation: Faculty of Medicine
- Complex regional pain syndrome in adultsAndreas Goebel
Pain Research Group and Centre for Immune Studies in Pain, Department of Translational Medicine, University of Liverpool, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:1739-50. 2011..The review concludes with a discussion of the need for additional research...
- Intravenous immunoglobulin in the treatment of primary trigeminal neuralgia refractory to carbamazepine: a study protocol [ISRCTN33042138]Andreas Goebel
Nuffield Department of Anaesthetics, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 9DU, England, UK
BMC Neurol 3:1. 2003..TN is characterized by extremely severe pain, for which operative intervention is (if temporarily) helpful in most patients...
- Immune responses to Campylobacter and serum autoantibodies in patients with complex regional pain syndromeAndreas Goebel
Nuffield Department of Anaesthetics, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DS, UK
J Neuroimmunol 162:184-9. 2005..These results provide preliminary evidence for immune activation early in CRPS and, additionally, that patients with minimal trauma may comprise an autoimmune subgroup...
- Buprenorphine injection to the stellate ganglion in the treatment of upper body chronic pain syndromesAndreas Goebel
The Pain Relief Unit, Churchill Hospital, Oxford OX3 7LJ, United Kingdom
Eur J Pain 12:266-74. 2008..We assessed whether GLOA, plus intramuscular saline, was more efficacious than the reverse, saline injection to the stellate plus intramuscular buprenorphine, termed SSB...
- Immunoglobulin responsive chronic painAndreas Goebel
Pain Research Institute, 3rd Floor, Clinical Sciences Centre, Liverpool University, Liverpool, UK
J Clin Immunol 30:S103-8. 2010..Immune modulation appears to be, therefore, a possible new therapeutic option...
- The passive transfer of immunoglobulin G serum antibodies from patients with longstanding Complex Regional Pain SyndromeAndreas Goebel
Pain Research Institute, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Eur J Pain 15:504.e1-6. 2011..The transfer of disease after injection of a patient's serum or IgG fraction into mice ('passive transfer') is the classic way to demonstrate a functional role of autoantibodies...
- Anesthesiologists' views on using immune modulating drugs in pain medicineAndreas Goebel
Pain Research Institute, Liverpool University, Clinical Sciences Building, University Hospital Aintree The Walton Centre, Liverpool L9 7AL, UK
Pain Pract 11:344-52. 2011..Our findings may have implications for the planning of both health service delivery and training in pain medicine...